No, my fish are NOT spoiled! XD

dnalex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use an icecube tray to make mine. My tank gets half a cube per day, that I cut into 3rds and drop in different places and then they don't have to fight over it. My icecube tray has 14 slots, so I just fill up one side and that is 2 weeks worth. :) It's neat and portioned out, and helps me keep track of the time before it goes bad better. :clapping:

I use an icecube tray to make mine. My tank gets half a cube per day, that I cut into 3rds and drop in different places and then they don't have to fight over it. My icecube tray has 14 slots, so I just fill up one side and that is 2 weeks worth. It's neat and portioned out, and helps me keep track of the time before it goes bad better.

Do you have time to pour it into the tray? Mine solidifies so quickly.

Yep, as long as I am quick about it. If I'm too slow, I just stick it back in for a couple seconds. Most of the time, I can do it in one go though.

Yep I just did it and counted seconds in my head to see how long it took me. I keep the tray right next to the microwave and as soon as it's done I pour it right in. Took me about 15-20 seconds. I always have 1 ugly cube from scraping out the container I used in the microwave and putting that in a cube slot, it gets a little lumpy but other than that, it works pretty good. :)

I know to determine variations in colours while testing water you sometimes need to take out and regard it in natural light. Has anyone looked at their repashy outside or near a window to see if the colour changes at all?

Mine is brown/green. I boil water, add it to the measure amount of dry powder, mix and pour. It looks the exact same as shakaho's. Sometimes I see specs of orange in there as well.

Well, this isn't what experiment I am doing, but here's how much I love my fish AND Repashy. :)

DE415087-orig.jpg

Right now I am testing how Repashy powder looks when exposed to air for long periods, just to see if that might be the discoloration issue. ;)

Edited by GoldenSpoiledRotten

I know to determine variations in colours while testing water you sometimes need to take out and regard it in natural light. Has anyone looked at their repashy outside or near a window to see if the colour changes at all?

Of course I do. :) The fish are outside. The color is the same.

Well, this isn't what experiment I am doing, but here's how much I love my fish AND Repashy.

DE415087-orig.jpg

Right now I am testing how Repashy powder looks when exposed to air for long periods, just to see if that might be the discoloration issue.

OMG. I sent my Christmas buddy a mold very similar to that for her gel food needs! :rofl