No, my fish are NOT spoiled! XD

dnalex

:rofl2

I just took a couple of pics of the Repashy I made yesterday then asked my husband to download them. (He has a computer he uses only for pics and I don't want to mess up what he's got goin on so I have him do that . . .) He just downloaded pics yesterday for me so he looked at the pics to see what I had taken pics of. The look on his face was priceless!! :rofl He says "Why are you taking pics of dog food?" :rofl

I'll post them once they are ready. Keep in mind I added ProGold AND bloodworms to my soilent green so it doesn't look as perfect as the Spawn & Grow. :lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! :feedme

The one on the left is the Spawn & Grow. The one on the right is the concoction of Soilent Green, ProGold and blood worms. It's a little chunky. Next time I won't add as much ProGold as I see Fluffy is a bit floaty after eating it . . .

They love the Spawn & Grow. I've only fed it once. I'll see if Fluffy is floaty after feed that.

(It's the S&G I got from tastyworms with my gift certificate from stakos when I became a subscriber. :heart )

Nice!

I love seeing the different containers/moulds people use, and how they cut it up!

How long does that much food last for you, PSP? I am assuming that's 1 cup of gel at the end. :)

Wow, so much repashy! I made my first batch yesterday and didn't realize it would stink so bad. My mom thought it was disgusting lol.

I only made 1 tbsp powder so not much and the container i used to cool it in was huge so I ended up with really small/thin strips.

Thanks for this thread, so many ideas for improvement!

Nice!

I love seeing the different containers/moulds people use, and how they cut it up!

How long does that much food last for you, PSP? I am assuming that's 1 cup of gel at the end. :)

Last time it lasted like nearly a month, if not a tad longer. But I was supplementing the smaller goldies with progold where as I'm trying to give mostly repashy now. And plus my recent-ish additions are little piglets, so more mouths to feed!

I wonder if there is a quality control issue with soilent green. When I saw Alex's picture of the green product, I just assumed the color was off. My soilent green powder is brown with a slight green tinge -- not even close to olive. I mix it in water, and it's brown (no green tinge). I nuke the mixture and it's brown. I mix the powder in boiling water, and it's brown.

I wonder if there is a quality control issue with soilent green. When I saw Alex's picture of the green product, I just assumed the color was off. My soilent green powder is brown with a slight green tinge -- not even close to olive. I mix it in water, and it's brown (no green tinge). I nuke the mixture and it's brown. I mix the powder in boiling water, and it's brown.

I'm pretty sure you got a bag of community or meat pie by mistake then.

I'm pretty sure you got a bag of community or meat pie by mistake then.

That would be a SERIOUS quality control issue. I'm not the only one who has brown soilent green. When I took a tiny pinch of the powder and put it in a lot of water, the water turned greenish, so there's green stuff in there.

I took some pictures last night and will get them posted, even though the color is off.

Let's get all of this together, and I'll see if I can get a response from the company. :)

Thanks, all, for your thoughtful and extremely helpful contributions. :)

Here's a picture of my powder and the finished gel. This time, I brought the water to a boil, then removed it from heat and stirred in the soilent green.

001_zps981dc0a2.jpg

Usually I stir the powder into the water then microwave. The results are the same.

Shakaho, yours is recognizably Soilent Green, I think. It might be just a bit more brown than mine, but I'm not sure that I would consider it brown, I guess.

Nevertheless, thank you for the pics. It is still something that I would like to ask Repashy in terms of their QC and control for lot to lot variation.

If anyone wants to share pics of the Repashy gels, please do. :)