Earthworms

adnan

Hi Goldfish Lovers!

I often tempted to feet my goldfish with earthworms bought from fishing store. What is your opinion- is it safe and good food for goldfishes or not?

Hello :)

I have heard that earthworms are very healthy. Just make sure that they are chopped up, so your fish can easily eat them ;)

I fed them whole once and the goldies ripped it up :yikes

I've wondered this too. I frequently have leftovers when I go fishing.

Thanks for answers! That was useful for me. Probably I will feed my Goldfish with earthworms ones or twice per week , but as @GoldenSpoiledRotten said "Warm water does the trick." I suppose to put the worms in warm water. How long time takes the purge?

Thanks a lot @GoldenSpoiledRotten!

After New Year celebration I am gonna surprise my pet.

@Shakaho, my Goldfish is approximately 4,5 inches. Here it is.

picture029a.jpg

Thanks again for everyone!

The girl in me dies at the thought of feeding my fish a whole worm. :krazy: Soilent Green is nice because they grind up the critters that go into the mix, so I don't know (and neither do they!) what they're eating. It's a beautiful thing. Lol!

The girl in me dies at the thought of feeding my fish a whole worm. :krazy: Soilent Green is nice because they grind up the critters that go into the mix, so I don't know (and neither do they!) what they're eating. It's a beautiful thing. Lol!

And I might be a sick man, but I look forward to my fish getting fresh cherry shrimp when the colony is larger. I think the activity of hunting their food would be great for them

I wouldn't recommend it unless you purge them and even then I wouldn't feel comfortable. I had a box turtle years ago and thought they would be a cheaper alternative to meal worms. He got really sick with diarrhea and wouldn't eat for a week.

Tanks Goldfish Lovers for sharing your opinion! I know a lot for Goldfishes but it is much better to take knowledge from experienced hobbist. Thanks @Stakos that you like my picture! I like to take pictures.

And I might be a sick man, but I look forward to my fish getting fresh cherry shrimp when the colony is larger. I think the activity of hunting their food would be great for them

I would feel so bad for the shrimp! lol! I'd have to leave the room, and try very hard not to think about it. Too soft hearted for the food chain, I think. :heart