Sign in to follow this  
tithra

Did some work on my tank last night!

Looking great. I have considered DHG, but read it needs medium light and CO2. And my minions won't let much of anything stay in the substrate. The hygrophila is the only thing they have ripped up. The cap of TMS might help.

Wow! :thud That is absolutely stunning! How about you come to Michigan and do that to my tank? It's the same size as yours so doing it the 2nd time should go much more quickly! :rofl

Fabulous, fabulous work, tithra!!! :heart

Haha! I was going to say the same thing! So since you are coming to Michigan to do Lisa's tank you might as well do mine too :D

It looks amazing! Absolutely stunning.

Edited by molbert73

That looks like heaven on earth for those fish! You're so brave... and have an eye for decorating tanks.

Edited by GoldenSpoiledRotten

Lovely! The goldies have grown really beautifully!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hashi & Edie have the most outrageous fins I think I've ever seen on an oranda! The tank looks great, and along with everyone else, I can hardly believe those fish aren't pulling up the glosso & DHG. Looking forward to photos of how it fills in!

~Bruce

Thank you! They are very finny fish :P I wish Edie's would stop growing at this point, they are starting to get a little ridiculous ;)

I love the understated elegance of this tank; plus Hashi and Edie are gorgeous as always. :)

It will be interesting to see how quickly the glosso spreads now that it's in the Eco-complete. Good job, Tithra! :)

Thank you Dan :D I know! I am really looking forward to seeing how the glosso does now.... will be twiddling my thumbs for the next couple months!

WOW thats very nice hun... I really like :heart

Thanks koko! :)

Ooooooooooooo looks amazing, Jess. You have an eye for scaping. Well done. :)

Thank you Dan :)

I love the plants in the sand! Also i may add that Edie gets cuter every day!

Edie's ego is getting big from all these compliments :P

Looking great. I have considered DHG, but read it needs medium light and CO2. And my minions won't let much of anything stay in the substrate. The hygrophila is the only thing they have ripped up. The cap of TMS might help.

Honestly, I am terrible at running the co2 in my betta tank and the DHG has done great in there, granted I have medium to high light, but I think you should give the DHG a go! Even just a small patch of it. Once it gets rooted it is pretty anchored to the substrate.

Wow! :thud That is absolutely stunning! How about you come to Michigan and do that to my tank? It's the same size as yours so doing it the 2nd time should go much more quickly! :rofl

Fabulous, fabulous work, tithra!!! :heart

Haha! I was going to say the same thing! So since you are coming to Michigan to do Lisa's tank you might as well do mine too :D

It looks amazing! Absolutely stunning.

Thank you :)

:rofl I will put you on the list

That looks like heaven on earth for those fish! You're so brave... and have an eye for decorating tanks.

Lovely! The goldies have grown really beautifully!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you! They are definitely growing!

I am so loving your tank, Jess, and I admit, I'm quite a bit green with envy.

(see, iPunny! :rofl)

I am so loving your tank, Jess, and I admit, I'm quite a bit green with envy.

(see, iPunny! :rofl)

:rofl :rofl Soooooo funny :P

Time for you to plant yours!!

Way to go!! I do not have the patience to spend that much time planting. It looks amazing, and I'm eager to see pictures as it grows in. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It looks amazing! Great job tithra! I can't wait to see it once it fills in!

You have such a beautiful tank... I'm jealous! I'm a bit curious about a couple of things since I was thinking about throwing some plants in my tank as well. What kind of lighting do you use for your tank? Is it one of those nice $200+ set ups or do you just have the plant lights? Also, how do you clean the substrate, especially with the plants?

Way to go!! I do not have the patience to spend that much time planting. It looks amazing, and I'm eager to see pictures as it grows in. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It looks amazing! Great job tithra! I can't wait to see it once it fills in!

Thank you! I can't wait to see it when it fills in either!

You have such a beautiful tank... I'm jealous! I'm a bit curious about a couple of things since I was thinking about throwing some plants in my tank as well. What kind of lighting do you use for your tank? Is it one of those nice $200+ set ups or do you just have the plant lights? Also, how do you clean the substrate, especially with the plants?

Because the glosso and hairgrass need decent lighting I do have what would be considered high light on this tank. I have one 78 watt T5HO and one 48 watt T5HO fixture currently running on it. These are both made by aquatic life (the smaller one is actually my QT light, it doesn't fit this tank, but I added it just to boost the light a bit). Depending on how big your tank it, they are reasonably priced. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive either. Here is the link to these fixtures, I highly recommend them: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23753

If you want to go with a more standard light setup, just choose plants that will do well in this light. There are lots of beautiful plants that do well in lower light :)

When a tank is heavily planted you don't really have to vacuum the substrate like you would in a tank with no plants. The plants will use the waste that gets in the substrate as food. All you do is lightly run the vac over the plants and pick up any visible pieces of waste etc. If you had a tank that was planted in some areas and not in others, you can vacuum the substrate like you typically would in the areas without plants and just run the vac around the planted areas.

Looks really nice Tithra :)

Thank you! :D

Jess, before I even get to about 1/3 done, I would have keeled over dead already. :rofl

Sometimes I do know my limitations, and this is definitely one of them. I will admire, but I will not attempt. You have my utmost respect for doing such an awesome job! :)

Jess, before I even get to about 1/3 done, I would have keeled over dead already. :rofl

Sometimes I do know my limitations, and this is definitely one of them. I will admire, but I will not attempt. You have my utmost respect for doing such an awesome job! :)

lol. I was thinking more along the lines of throwing in a couple swords or something :P

Oh wow, thank you so much! My tank is a 55, so it looks like the lighting might cost a little more, but I'll defiantly save up for some! If I can even grow some sword plants I'll be happy lol!

Hahaha. At least you know of my severe limitations, too! :rofl

It looks so beautiful, like always! :heart

Wow it looks amazing! :D

Beautiful fishies as always too! :)

Oh wow, thank you so much! My tank is a 55, so it looks like the lighting might cost a little more, but I'll defiantly save up for some! If I can even grow some sword plants I'll be happy lol!

I bought an Odyssea brand dual t5ho light strip from ebay. It worked great while the plants were in the tank, but now it's sitting in my garage, waiting till I try plants again. For my 36" tank, it was around a hundred bucks. May be it's worth taking a look? :D

Wow! You must have got so much patience to plant all those tiny ones! It looks spectacular! :D

When you are flying round the world planting everybody's tanks, don't forget me here in the u.k! ;)

The new look is amazing :) Great Job!!!

I bought an Odyssea brand dual t5ho light strip from ebay. It worked great while the plants were in the tank, but now it's sitting in my garage, waiting till I try plants again. For my 36" tank, it was around a hundred bucks. May be it's worth taking a look? :D

Oh awesome! I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find :D. I'd love to buy it from my LFS, but they're a little bit pricey... Do the bigger lights cause the temp in the tank to rise too much? I'm always worried about cooking my fishies lol

Oh awesome! I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find :D. I'd love to buy it from my LFS, but they're a little bit pricey... Do the bigger lights cause the temp in the tank to rise too much? I'm always worried about cooking my fishies lol

Didn't notice my tank temps rise at all, and I had been worried about the same thing, so I watched for it. :)