Snales?

Bubbles

I had 3 snails with my goldfish before and they did fine and GREW like mad, i donno there breed i know were not rams horns. They were blackish brown. Ended up the size of a golf ball. I did have a problem with one of them kept getting out of the tank and crawling across my floor and hiding. Luckly you can see there slime trail hehe

I have apple snails with my goldies and they are just fine. Mystery snails or apple snails are the best. They do eat the algae off of the side of the tank, but you still have to clean it.

I also have an apple snail named Snail. He has never once eaten algae but he sure is a cute thing to watch! Hes not a cleaner, just another pet. Apple snails will get to be about the size of a fist, will eat live plants, can escape from your tank, breathe oxygen from the surface, and can live several years if cared for well.

post-9-1062393697.jpg

I have some snails in my planted tank. The size they get depends on the type of apple snail. Some get no bigger then a golf ball some get huge like a tennis ball. Also some are more likely to eat algea the the others. I have the ones that eat algea and dead plant matter. So far they seem to be doing the job but only time well tell they are about dime size right now and much to my surprise still alive.

I have 4 adult Golden Apple Snails (size of golf balls), 3 Adult Brown apple Snails (the size of my fist) in my ponds. Apple Snails need a mate to breed while your every day brown pond snail do not. Many times Apple snails will not breed in a tank unless you have at least a couple of inches of air in the top as they lay their eggs above water so the babies won't drown.

They are great algea eaters and are cool just to watch. I'd move them out of the tank with the medication. It may harm them.

Archived