Where to get metronidazole tablet?

kerry123

• Supporter

kerry, i visited my supplier today.. for $15AU.. i can send you 6 tabs overnight express post.. mail in AU doesn't begin distribution again until the 3rd of Jan. if you haven't got any by then, PM me with your postal details and i will respond with my banking details. ok?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just let me know. :) Hopefully your Dr. will be able to help. If not I can always repackage the Metro-Meds. If customs decides to open the package it will just look like pellet food for a small animal, they won't be able to tell it is medicated. Worst-case scenario they will just confiscate it.

Just to reiterate what Helen has said, do not attempt to smuggle medicine/medicated foods into Australia. Not only will the item be confiscated, but more than likely heavy fines and charges will be applied to the sender, recipient, or both. We don't want anyone to get in trouble, especially since customs don't mess around here. ;)

kerry, i visited my supplier today.. for $15AU.. i can send you 6 tabs overnight express post.. mail in AU doesn't begin distribution again until the 3rd of Jan. if you haven't got any by then, PM me with your postal details and i will respond with my banking details. ok?

Hey thanks, I've already made an appointment with my GP on the 4th of Jan, I will see if he can prescribe me some flagyl or even better some plain metro tablet, if not ill pm you to buy the med off you. For now I still have enough metro for about 2 weeks :)

Edited by kerry123

Hey thanks, I've already made an appointment with my GP on the 4th of Jan, I will see if he can prescribe me some flagyl or even better some plain metro tablet, if not ill pm you to buy the med off you. For now I still have enough metro for about 2 weeks :)

I got mine under the name Metronide (with 21x Metronidazole 400mg coated tabs). Just be steady and tell you doc you got very bad gum aching problems and you've no money to see a dentist. I even got one repeat script and also an alternative antibiotic, Amoxycillin 1000mg (use for throat/sinus/chest infections). Amoxycillin can also be used against dropsy if treated earlier (within 3 days after symptom appeared).

According to eBay they do ship to Australia, did any one try ordering them before? http://www.ebay.com....dazole&_sacat=0

• Supporter

shipping and being able to pass Customs are two different things. have you successfully received medicines from them Jeff? and which sort? also, which seller is it, as the page brings up books in AU but meds from International.

Amoxicillin, or any other antibiotic really, may be attempted to treat dropsy. However, because dropsy can be viral, bacterial, parasitic, or a combination, or even non-infectious, the drug you use will influence the possible effectiveness. Metronidazole is the best choice because it targets more potential pathogens causing dropsy than any other compound, while exerting relatively low harmful effects.

shipping and being able to pass Customs are two different things. have you successfully received medicines from them Jeff? and which sort? also, which seller is it, as the page brings up books in AU but meds from International.

I've not attempted to order any b4 but I think there is a good chance that it will go thru' if it's from a business rather than from an individual and also it's important on how it is being labelled. If it is declared as fish medications, then I'm sure it will get confiscated.

What the customs do is to look at the declaration after their cute QT dog jumped over it and cleared it at the conveyor belt. Btw how did you get your PraziPro thru'?

• Supporter

PraziPro came through after Customs had opened, inspected and declared it's contents safe to proceed. i have the declaration which arrived with the package. they do scan packages. and if anything looks like a tablet or powder, it's stopped inspected and dealt with. i have lost HUNDREDS of dollars with Customs.

• Supporter

i should also state that chris's customs declaration does say "fish supplies" and the prazi was still opened. all my own personal attempts to import from either company or private person where it concerns meds have been stopped. i do not encourage Australians to attempt import on their own, goods that are illegal to be imported. if you are fortunate enough to stumble accross a retailer that has done the honours of the import and makes it available to the public or trusted few, then that is the only time it shall be obtained. my last attempt to import medicines from overseas came with a warning from Customs as well as stating the number of attempts i have made to import medicinal substances without permit in the past 5 years. so i just don't go there anymore.

admittingly, i got cheeky with Solient Green... however, they allowed that through. i saw the package was tampered with, but there was no note to indicate who from. i can only suspect that customs thoroughly investigated it without the need to open it.

Gee Helen, I always thought our customs are a bit slack and they can't physically check every parcels as online business traffic has increased tremendously. Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'll go there. It's still safer to stick with my doc mate. Another thing, why do you prefer PraziPro over Prazi tabs which are easily available here? Do you also know why they allowed it thru?

• Supporter

i am not sure why they allowed it through, i ordered a bottle with my second shipment of solient green and it arrived. but like i said, the package was kinda tampered with but not opened. the last shipment that came through was 4 bottles of prazipro on their own. that package was delayed by a week and then sent on to me. one of the bottles had been opened for testing.

Img_3164_zpsa779c9d6.jpg

Img_3165_zps06abba22.jpg

also, i didn't say that i prefer the PraziPro yet.. infact, i am kinda inclined to think that it does not work as well as the AquaMaster fluke and tapeworm tablets. we have found that it does not bind well with gelfood or solient green, solient green needed some gelatine added to it for a nice consitency. i am still experimenting with it.

Amoxicillin, or any other antibiotic really, may be attempted to treat dropsy. However, because dropsy can be viral, bacterial, parasitic, or a combination, or even non-infectious, the drug you use will influence the possible effectiveness. Metronidazole is the best choice because it targets more potential pathogens causing dropsy than any other compound, while exerting relatively low harmful effects.

The Thais farms use Amoxicillin to treat gill disease and other bacteria related problems. In your States, you can buy almost everything (except DMZ, which I can get it here.), so you can be selective. Over here we've to make do and improvise otherwise it's not possible to keep anything for long. Imagine losing your favorite fish and not able to buy a new one again for a very long time.

• Supporter

The Thais farms use Amoxicillin to treat gill disease and other bacteria related problems. In your States, you can buy almost everything (except DMZ, which I can get it here.), so you can be selective. Over here we've to make do and improvise otherwise it's not possible to keep anything for long. Imagine losing your favorite fish and not able to buy a new one again for a very long time.

do they use it as a preventative or as a treatment when they discover a fish is ill? because Amoxicillin takes about 3-4 days to kick in and in most bacteria/infection cases, that's too late.

we have products available to us for treating fish Jeff.. just not over the counter. you just need to be paying $150 for a Vet consultation before you get the prescription for meds which will see you out of pocket a further $20-$40AU minimum.

• Supporter

I just ordered this Blue Planet brand instead of the AquaMaster brand. It's a lot cheaper.

http://lealean.com.a...ablets+100+tabs

yeah, i got that this time around as my supplier ran out of aquamaster brand. tbh, it looks and smells identical.. so i see no probs to use it :) crumbles the same too ;)

I just ordered this Blue Planet brand instead of the AquaMaster brand. It's a lot cheaper.

I've actually seen this in store recently with numerous other amounts of common medications now under blue planet branding. Is there any difference?

do they use it as a preventative or as a treatment when they discover a fish is ill? because Amoxicillin takes about 3-4 days to kick in and in most bacteria/infection cases, that's too late.

we have products available to us for treating fish Jeff.. just not over the counter. you just need to be paying $150 for a Vet consultation before you get the prescription for meds which will see you out of pocket a further $20-$40AU minimum.

I've no idea, whether it's for treatment or preventive. I just saw they put a couple of capsules in their pond. Fish looks ok. I know, that's why no point go to the vet, we've to train ourselves..lol

AquaMaster brand suppy is not consistant, sometimes it's branded as Aristopet. Maybe Blue Planet is also re-branded.

• Supporter

I've actually seen this in store recently with numerous other amounts of common medications now under blue planet branding. Is there any difference?

sometimes it's as simple as obtaining a permit to import and retail.. i don't believe there is any difference in the product that both manufacutrers have. it's like human medicine, comes from the same manufacturer, just the box is from a different pharmaceutical company.

• Supporter

well jeff, i would say that their use is for preventative.. which makes more sense why they use Amoxicillin. there is absolutely no reason i can see why you would just step upto a pond and throw a couple of tablets/capsules of antibiotics into it particularly when they take this amount of time to work. this indicates that they have already been on it for some time, possibly shortly after they hatched. we know very well that when we treat a fish with medicines, it's only to the fish that is ill. we've learned via this forum that exposure to medicines does shorten the lifespan of our fish, so does illness, so we're at a catch 22.

so this brings us back to not only genetically modified fish, but prior to our retailers/wholesalers on how fish are raised and kept before shipping. if our fish are being medicated for preventitive reasons where they are spawned and raised, then this is would have to be a major contributing factor to their short life span we experience today as end users. organs may have already been damaged etc etc.. one will never know i guess, unless they have worked there.

well jeff, i would say that their use is for preventative.. which makes more sense why they use Amoxicillin. there is absolutely no reason i can see why you would just step upto a pond and throw a couple of tablets/capsules of antibiotics into it particularly when they take this amount of time to work. this indicates that they have already been on it for some time, possibly shortly after they hatched. we know very well that when we treat a fish with medicines, it's only to the fish that is ill. we've learned via this forum that exposure to medicines does shorten the lifespan of our fish, so does illness, so we're at a catch 22.

so this brings us back to not only genetically modified fish, but prior to our retailers/wholesalers on how fish are raised and kept before shipping. if our fish are being medicated for preventitive reasons where they are spawned and raised, then this is would have to be a major contributing factor to their short life span we experience today as end users. organs may have already been damaged etc etc.. one will never know i guess, unless they have worked there.

In Asia the climate is a lot different, with their constant high temps and stocking level, fish can get sick very easily so I can understand why they need to take preventive measures. For the very same reason I try to raise them as healthy as possible as I'm not a big fan of using medicines unless I really have to that's why I only keep the essential items. If they got ill and don't respond to what I have then I'll reach for the clove oil as a last resort.

• 1 month later...

I don't think they are treating the fish with amoxicillin but the water. Amoxicillin wouldn't be very useful as a waterbourne medication for fish but it would target bacteria in the water and lower the bacterial load in the system. My only guess is with the high temps and the large volumes of stock they may be dealing with they are trying to lower the bacterial load in their systems. If it's done seasonally this makes sense.