Is it a Fantail?

Cat

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone can tell me what the lighter coloured goldfish is? It was born in my fishpond and the parents were already there when we moved in so I have no idea. I want to get rid of the pond and get a tank so I just want to know what kind it is so I know how big a tank I need. I imagine I need a pretty big one anyway for the shubunkin.

Sorry about the quality of the photos. I know the tank is too small, they were only in there while I was cleaning out the pond. I also apologise for the size - Photobucket hates me.

Thanks

IMG_0853_zps41f7b048.jpg

IMG_0850_zps804a7a2a.jpg

+1 for a white comet goldfish. From the pics, I don't see a koi face, there. Looks like a comet, with really pretty fins. They'd do great in a 350 litre tank!

Edit: is it only the 2 fish in there, or are there more? If so, how many? You might need larger than 350 litres, if there are a lot of fish that need to be moved.

Edited by JamieMonster

+1 for a white comet goldfish. From the pics, I don't see a koi face, there. Looks like a comet, with really pretty fins. They'd do great in a 350 litre tank!

Edit: is it only the 2 fish in there, or are there more? If so, how many? You might need larger than 350 litres, if there are a lot of fish that need to be moved.

There is only the two that I know of. Then again last time I tried to get rid of the pond I found babies in the bottom.

Edited by Cat

LOL- 350 litres, I think, is 90 US gallons- I'm not really good with the conversions. They'd do best in a 75 US gallon tank, which is about 285 litres, I believe... or the closest to that size that they come in. Not that they would be opposed to the extra tank volume, you just wouldn't need that much for the 2 fish. Or you could get that size (350 litre) and they could have a couple of friends added in there to hang out with. ;)

350 litres is 92 gallons for those wondering, so Jaime was indeed correct.

You can type litres to gallons in Google and it will give you the appropriate conversion, there's no need to do the math. It's rather handy. ;)

Welcome to the Forum, Cat, it's great to have more Australians around here. :)

You have such lovely little fish, they'd make perfect eye candy in a large aquarium!

Thanks. I think that equates to about about a four foot tank. I'll have to find room and try and convince the OH

Yep- it would be a 4 footer in length for either the 350l or the 285l. They would have the same footprint, the 350l would just be taller. :D

350 litres is 92 gallons for those wondering, so Jaime was indeed correct.

You can type litres to gallons in Google and it will give you the appropriate conversion, there's no need to do the math. It's rather handy. ;)

Welcome to the Forum, Cat, it's great to have more Australians around here. :)

You have such lovely little fish, they'd make perfect eye candy in a large aquarium!

Thanks, Dan! The maths is not my friend. :krazy:

Agreed, those little cuties would grow up to be quite lovely focal points in a nice, big aquarium... those fins on that little, white comet are fantastic! When he gets huge, they're going to be GORGEOUS! So flowing and pretty... I'm totally jealous. Hehe.