Sign in to follow this  
viking_snail

Smoked salmon?

Hi guys :)

As always, my mum has bought in some smoked salmon for christmas. I always assume, due to the smoking, it's not suitable for goldfish. But I just thought I'd check - what do you think?

I feel like the smoking process and the spices they rub it with aren't suitable for the fish, but they totally would make me full and happy! Send some my way!

Not good to give them anything that is smoked hun :(

Isn't that like cannibalism?

Most of the fish foods have fish meal, and many fish enjoy their cannibalistic lifestyles :o

Most of the fish foods have fish meal, and many fish enjoy their cannibalistic lifestyles :o

Eeeeeeeewwww! My dog used to eat poop but I don't think I encouraged that either, so eeeeeewww!

My grandma asks me the same thing, apparently under the impression that fish like eating baked beans and pizza. :P

My grandma asks me the same thing, apparently under the impression that fish like eating baked beans and pizza. :P

There are a myriad of things besides their own kind to feed fish. Oh and myriad means a butt load, don't want you to strain your brain :D

There's a lot of stuff mammals can eat besides each other too, and yet lions don't much care for soya.

Edited by Evening

:rofl Ok no smoked salmon for the fish then, but plenty for you guys :P

I often get little pieces of fresh fish off the fish counter at our local supermarket, and when they ask why I want a piece so small they are always so shocked that fish eat fish haha!