Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Will Ferrell

A few pics I took of him over the last couple days. I think the nerites are slowly thinning out the spot algae.

He is so funny! He gets so worked up when he sees me or the female in the tank next to him, has started to make a bubble nest, and is not seriously bothering the neons or frogs. He chases them away when he is in sexy time mood, but that's all.

The water lettuce is really funny. It is spreading out like frogbit :wacko:

Also, I hate this tank. If I had known a year ago that acrylic sucks so bad, I never would have gotten this piece of crap. The material causes these weird circle reflections of the, I can't properly clean the algae off without scratching the tank, same goes for hard water stains all over the top and some tape residue on the outside :(

Ah well, the fish are still happy inside.

WillFerrell01.jpg

WillFerrell02.jpg

WillFerrell03.jpg

WillFerrell04.jpg

WillFerrell05.jpg

WillFerrell06.jpg

WillFerrell07.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

He really is gorgeous, I love the color of his body. Plants are looking awesome. Does the water lettuce take over?

I cannot get over how pretty he is! :heart Great job fang. :)

Thanks, Jess! I really love his looks too. This Walmart often has rather "unique" looking bettas. Just the other day they had this huge multicolored boy that looked like someone picked him up by the tail and dipped his front half in purple paint. Really cool looking guy! :D

Too bad I have no room for more boys (yet :lol )

He really is gorgeous, I love the color of his body. Plants are looking awesome. Does the water lettuce take over?

Thanks, Dan! The water lettuce isn't exactly taking over... it's just spreading out as little tiny plants. It does that rather quick, but does not grow big. I assume the betta tank does not provide enough nutrients for this plant to grow to full size, just enough to survive and propagate. :D

Will is just so jazzy and cool! :D

He is stunning! And I love your setup :) It's like a betta palace :heart

Thanks, Emily! He sure does like his little kingdom :D

He is so pretty! And I love how natural the tank looks :)

Thank you! Me too, I like having lots of plants!

he is so beautiful!

Thank you! :)

Believe me, he thinks so too :rofl

Don't forget about how much room he has for activities. :rofl

I need to make him a tiny little bunk bed :lol

Love the natural set-up. He really pops out against the green jungle.

I cannot get over how pretty he is! :heart Great job fang. :)

Thanks, Jess! I really love his looks too. This Walmart often has rather "unique" looking bettas. Just the other day they had this huge multicolored boy that looked like someone picked him up by the tail and dipped his front half in purple paint. Really cool looking guy! :D

Too bad I have no room for more boys (yet :lol )

Thanks, Dan! The water lettuce isn't exactly taking over... it's just spreading out as little tiny plants. It does that rather quick, but does not grow big. I assume the betta tank does not provide enough nutrients for this plant to grow to full size, just enough to survive and propagate. :D

That's what I suspected. Mine does the exact same thing.

He's gorgeous against the green background. I really wanted an orange betta, but I found Ghost first, so I got him instead.

There are different grades of acrylic, and the smaller ones are a thinner, lower quality acrylic. :( But both glass and acrylic have good and bad points. On the plus side, you could upgrade to something like this http://www.petsmart....tAvailInUS%2FNo because this tank will save space and look amazing when you get five of them in a row for all your betta boys. :lol

Edited by ShawneeRiver

He is gorgeous and your plants are just beautiful! :D

Dear Santa,

Please bring me Fang's green thumb for Christmas.

Thanks,

Lisa

Love the natural set-up. He really pops out against the green jungle.

Thanks, Miki! The green makes him look more red than he is though. He looks more like a tomato-red/orange. But I love that and that's why I picked him :)

That's what I suspected. Mine does the exact same thing.

Yeah, from what I read water lettuce thrives in "dirty" ponds. Even with this 5g tank being very overstocked (1 betta, 7 neons, 2 ADFs), not enough nutrients accumulate to make the water lettuce grow. That's probably because of the ton of other plants in there :lol

He's gorgeous against the green background. I really wanted an orange betta, but I found Ghost first, so I got him instead.

There are different grades of acrylic, and the smaller ones are a thinner, lower quality acrylic. :( But both glass and acrylic have good and bad points. On the plus side, you could upgrade to something like this http://www.petsmart....tAvailInUS%2FNo because this tank will save space and look amazing when you get five of them in a row for all your betta boys. :lol

WHY YOU DO THIS??!! I HATE YOU!! I can't have more boys right now. But maybe when we move into our own house, that would be great! Although then I'd probably rather have a 20L with tinted dividers (because I hate maintenance on multiple small tanks :rofl )

He is gorgeous and your plants are just beautiful! :D

Dear Santa,

Please bring me Fang's green thumb for Christmas.

Thanks,

Lisa

LOL!! Good luck! This tank is pure luck, and the overstocking that I mentioned in the reply to Dan. My big planted tank never looked this nice. I think for this small tank, the LED light is pretty strong and helps the plants grow. In addition there is a table lamp with a 100 watt lamp right behind it, which I usually turn on on gloomy days or in the evening. So that is 100+ watt of light for a 5g tank :rofl2

he really is a gorgeous boy :) i also feel your pain on the acrylic tanks they never seem to clean well :(

WHY YOU DO THIS??!! I HATE YOU!! I can't have more boys right now. But maybe when we move into our own house, that would be great! Although then I'd probably rather have a 20L with tinted dividers (because I hate maintenance on multiple small tanks :rofl )

You hate me, but you already have a plan. :rofl It's OK -- you can blame me if you need to when you have three 20L's full of bettas. :rofl :rofl :rofl

You hate me, but you already have a plan. :rofl It's OK -- you can blame me if you need to when you have three 20L's full of bettas. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ssshht, don't tell anybody!! :rofl2