Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

I'm done with Progold for one of my fish

I don't have an issue with daily probiotic supplements.

I do have an issue with them making such a bold claim. This is why. Because I am a believer in the benefits of probiotics, I am willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to these fish food makers. However, it needs to be pointed out that they have yet to document that the probiotic strains they use confer any benefits, what benefits, and whether they need to be fed exclusively to get the benefits.

Very true Alex. I can't say whether or not there is a benefit. But if there were, it would need to be fed daily but not exclusively. That's my understanding.

Unfortunately most fish science is directed at aquaculture. Mostly for commercial breeding and high growth so they Can turn around their fish faster. As for fish health, I have no doubt the mods on Koko's and other forums are light years ahead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know that we are light years ahead, if at all.

I do know that probiotic supplements can be beneficial, not just because of the digestive health, but other issues, such as boosting the immune responses to infections. Given the potential benefits, and relatively few adverse effects, it makes sense to add it to food.

I just hate it when people try to create a dependency to their product by promoting fear.