Sign in to follow this  
GoldPigs

Goldfish Food

Come share your recipes for gel food, favorite commercial food, extra munchies you feed your goldfish! Would love to see photos of fish fed on that food, lets have fun with this :bounce

For a pellet food I really like Saki-Hikari. My ryukin Clover grew a lot on this food:

cloverthanandnowNEWCR.jpg

For gel food I prefer commercial mixes over homemade mixes, just because I can never be sure my homemade gel food has the right proportions of the right minerals and vitamins. Like many others on this forum, I've been using Repashy Soilent Green gel food. I just got some Repashy Spawn and Grow to try out too.

Commercial food I always make sure I have on hand: New Life Spectrum and Pro-Gold. I like to mix it up a little for my goldies between the two. I used to make my own gel foods, but haven't in years, and I never tried commercial gel foods such as repeshy soilent-green, but have read a great deal about them, heard super testimonials, and recommend it as well. Instead, nowadays I supplement with blanched spinach, peas, brocolli, algae tablets and softened bits of carrots, apples, pears sparingly as a treat. I put them in loosely and let them chase and forage for them. Also I've been experimenting with breeding my own brine shrimp for another treat for them, it's quite fun as well.