Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

Great Buy at Kahoots Pet Store

Today there was a great buy at Kahoots pet store. I didn't even think of asking how long the sale will be going on or if the sale is at all Kahoots.

Anyway, If you have a store near you and you are interested in buying Hikari fish food it's on sale. 40% off.

I bought Hikari blood worms for my goldfish. 0.42 ounces regularly priced for $10.98. I saved $4.39. It's a great deal and a ton of worms in the little container. :)

Your welcome. I should have also mentioned to ck the expiration date. Mine expires: before 2014 :)

Thanks for sharing! I have a couple near me. I've never gone in because I always think its geared towards cats and dogs

. Good to know they carry fish supplies :)

Today there was a great buy at Kahoots pet store. I didn't even think of asking how long the sale will be going on or if the sale is at all Kahoots.

Anyway, If you have a store near you and you are interested in buying Hikari fish food it's on sale. 40% off.

I bought Hikari blood worms for my goldfish. 0.42 ounces regularly priced for $10.98. I saved $4.39. It's a great deal and a ton of worms in the little container. :)

Who were you in Kahoots with? (Get it? I is punny! :rofl)

Just a little heads up...it sounds like you bought freeze dried blood worms. This is usually not a good idea. Frozen or fresh is best.

Just a little heads up...it sounds like you bought freeze dried blood worms. This is usually not a good idea. Frozen or fresh is best.

lies the contianer is lies omg :rofl and i feed these to my fish

Thanks for sharing! I have a couple near me. I've never gone in because I always think its geared towards cats and dogs

. Good to know they carry fish supplies :)

They have two rows of fish supplies here and a row of tanks with all sorts of fish.

ha ha that was a funny.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why is freeze dried blood worms not good? You said, "usually". How will this harm my fish? It says 100% Pure freeze dried food. I gave some to my gf this morning and they gobbled it up. It was almost like they could smell it before me even putting it into the tank.

The problem with freeze dried anything is that once they get rehydrated, they expand. In the case of the goldfish, this expansion will occur in the gut, where it can contribute to digestive issues and floatiness.

The problem with freeze dried anything is that once they get rehydrated, they expand. In the case of the goldfish, this expansion will occur in the gut, where it can contribute to digestive issues and floatiness.

nooooooo. Right when you said, "they expand" I knew where your were going. I'm not liking this at all. It's a great brand and I thought I picked up a great product for the goldfish. I guess I can try to take it back but it's opened. :( What if I feed my fish this only once a week as a treat? OOHHHHHHH. Can I soak it still out of the fish tank then feed the fish it? Will that help at all? I know it won't sink for the fish but would it expand a little before going into their tummy?