Sign in to follow this  
thatfancygoldfish

amount of food

Hi guys! :)

I have a quick question regarding food. Since Bentley is about twice Mango's size (I'm assuming 20-30 grams, i havent weighed him yet) how many pro gold pellets should I be giving him in the morning?

I usually feed a chunk of repashy or a vegetable at night not much bigger than the fish's eye, but I want to make sure I'm not under feeding! This morning Bentley got 4 pellets that he gobbled up in under 10 seconds

thanks for the help!!

I would worry more about over feeding, to be honest. Start conservatively, and go from there. :)

I would worry more about over feeding, to be honest. Start conservatively, and go from there. :)

Sounds good :) I think I'll start with about 4 pellets in the morning and either a vegetable at night or repashy at night. I'll do his first weigh in after prazi is all finished!

I think maybe my bacteria cycle needs some time to adjust to a bigger fish too, his ammonia was at 0.25ppm, so I dosed again with prime. But the other readings were normal nitrite 0ppm nitrate 5ppm

Edited by Artsy Goldfish