Bottom Sitting

tastyworms

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No eating yet. He won't touch anything. Been dumping some metro on top of him every day. Can I use the silver and then metro In. The water at the same time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• Supporter

i am not sure Chris, i've never used Silver before :( i don't even know what it does :(

for metro in the water, i normally use 400mg for every 10 gallons.

have you taken food to his mouth and he is not accepting or are you just adding food to the tank and hoping he'd go for it? silly question, i know.. but i need to know.

i am not sure Chris, i've never used Silver before :( i don't even know what it does :(

for metro in the water, i normally use 400mg for every 10 gallons.

have you taken food to his mouth and he is not accepting or are you just adding food to the tank and hoping he'd go for it? silly question, i know.. but i need to know.

I've got these 12 inch forceps I tried to feed him with, but he didn't show any interest. My fiance is going to try to hand feed him while I'm at work today.

• Admin

I dont think you can, they are both an antibiotic medication..... Im not really familiar with Metronidazole but im wondering if you put it into the gel food and also on him... Dont know about that....

the other thing since its not making him eat. Maybe start the Silver and double the dose of it ... ?

I dont think you can, they are both an antibiotic medication..... Im not really familiar with Metronidazole but im wondering if you put it into the gel food and also on him... Dont know about that....

the other thing since its not making him eat. Maybe start the Silver and double the dose of it ... ?

I'll probably pop him out of the tank again tomorrow and take another look at his bloody underside and pine coning. If there's not any visible improvement, I'll do another WC and switch to the silver.

• Supporter

Silver does not treat Dropsy. i am sorry to say, but, the fact that the fish is not eating, does not mean that the medicine (metronidazole) is not working. also, i don't think it's wise to just "double the dose" of any medicine, just like that. overdosing is a horrible death.

• Admin

Silver does not treat Dropsy. i am sorry to say, but, the fact that the fish is not eating, does not mean that the medicine (metronidazole) is not working. also, i don't think it's wise to just "double the dose" of any medicine, just like that. overdosing is a horrible death.

But excuse me hun... Dropsy's can be a bacterial infection... Silver does treat for that, I have used it many times and on atleast 3 of my fish and also so has another member (BeanTurtleCurd). And to double up on that stuff will not harm the fish... it wouldnt be over dosing at all if anything it would turn the fish white.... :o

Koko, have you used colloidal silver to treat dropsy? I think that was what Helen's concern is. Metronidazole is a long proven med that represents the best chance against dropsy, and it may very well be that the colloidal silver does as well. I just don't have any experience with it.

From a quick search, there can be drug interactions with silver, so I am not sure that it can be used with antibiotics. :(

• Admin

Koko, have you used colloidal silver to treat dropsy? I think that was what Helen's concern is. Metronidazole is a long proven med that represents the best chance against dropsy, and it may very well be that the colloidal silver does as well. I just don't have any experience with it.

From a quick search, there can be drug interactions with silver, so I am not sure that it can be used with antibiotics. :(

I have used Silver for other bacterial infections on Charlie and also for Sunkist.... I have been using it my self for many years... So has TD... So if its harmful then I guess TD and I will have problems but we dont... More healthier than most.....

And to that article Stakos, I dont believe half of what that place says, as alot of there stuff is controversial. I have read alot on this stuff over the years, and you can go and look up and find others have used to to threat Betta's and there dropsy's.

So unless Tastyworms wants my help with the silver Im staying out of this thread.

Koko, none of us wants you to stay out of the thread. I am only asking about the colloidal silver, because as you know, that is something that I have never used. I always want to learn about new things; that's why I asked. :(

RIP Tank Jr., he passed this morning.

When I took him out Friday he seemed physically to be improving. Less bloody swelling on his bottom and it seemed like less pine coning. Last night he seemed to be floating a half inch off the bottom and moving around a little more. But, I guess that was his way of saying goodbye.

Did not switch to the silver because he seemed to be improving and it's not usually wise to switch antibiotics halfway through if they seem to be working.

• Supporter

i'm sorry chris :(

i have observed with my own pineconers that just prior to them passing, they do actually flatten scales and lose excess fluid. you're right, it is an indication that they're saying goodbye. particularly when this happens after they've stopped eating.

you did everything you could to save him. RIP Tank Jr :(

:heart

So sorry you lost him. It sounds like he had a very good life with you. Swim free Tank Jr.

Mj

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Admin

RIP Tank Jr., he passed this morning.

When I took him out Friday he seemed physically to be improving. Less bloody swelling on his bottom and it seemed like less pine coning. Last night he seemed to be floating a half inch off the bottom and moving around a little more. But, I guess that was his way of saying goodbye.

Did not switch to the silver because he seemed to be improving and it's not usually wise to switch antibiotics halfway through if they seem to be working.

Im sorry Chris.. you did everything you could :hug