Bottom Sitting

tastyworms

• Admin

I never seen my cycle bump or anything. We had another member that used it once and the only effect they had was the fish turned more white in color...

Ill send you some Silver and the MM's on monday :thumb:

I even used it on Sunkist my new Shukin. No effects on her either, it did how ever clear up her redness in the tail fin and helped to heal her torn fin :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubled metro tank dose for second dose as he isn't eating anymore. Tried to feed him. With forceps but he's not going for it.

He's in a different spot than earlier so at least he moved. Don't know if that's a sign or he was just uncomfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• Admin

It's worth dissolving 1/4 teaspoon Epsom per 10 gallon and add to his tank, as per Koko's suggestion.

Im thinking if we get the swelling down. Maybe he will want to eat.. When fish get this bloated all there organs are being swished together... and its hard to want to eat... I know that felling now :rofl

Lol koko I can imagine!

There is 2 percent kosher salt and 2 doses of metro in the tank. Is it okay to use the 2 salts together or do I need to do a water change first?

• Admin

Water change. How long has the kosher salt been in there?

You'll want to get all of the kosher salt out before adding the Epsom.

:bingo:

Yup lets get all the reg salt out and the epsom salt in :)

Water change. How long has the kosher salt been in there?

You'll want to get all of the kosher salt out before adding the Epsom.

2 weeks I think. Still doing weekly 66 percent but I replaced it

100 percent water change. Added. 3 quarter. Teaspoon of Epsom and replaced the metro at 2 scoops per 10 gallons.

When I had him in the plastic container I look underneath again. Redness and swelling around his vent seem slightly diminished. Pine coning looks worse. Swelling is either reduced or not all on one side... Hard to tell.

Couldn't take pics cause no one to hold the container this late.

He has been trying to eat today but hasn't managed to do so. Will see. Tomorrow after. This Epsom takes effect.

• Supporter

100 percent water change. Added. 3 quarter. Teaspoon of Epsom and replaced the metro at 2 scoops per 10 gallons.

When I had him in the plastic container I look underneath again. Redness and swelling around his vent seem slightly diminished. Pine coning looks worse. Swelling is either reduced or not all on one side... Hard to tell.

He has been trying to eat today but hasn't managed to do so. Will see. Tomorrow after. This Epsom takes effect.

chirs, do you have access to just Metronidazole in tablet or powder form? if he's not eating and just bottom sitting. it may be worth to crush some up and sink it around him so that it can be consumed via normal breathing?

How is he doing today and did you get the package?

No, but I expect I will get it tomorrow. The last 2 days were technically holidays so the Post office worked half a day Monday and took off all day Tuesday. Thanks again for your assistance Koko :).

chirs, do you have access to just Metronidazole in tablet or powder form? if he's not eating and just bottom sitting. it may be worth to crush some up and sink it around him so that it can be consumed via normal breathing?

I threw in a scoop over the corner he is sitting in after I read your message. It was nice and granulated and sank all around him. Thank you for the tip! :)

He's the same today. Still reacts to food but he's just too bloated to eat it. He'll try but he will shoot off like a missile and bump headfirst into the side of the tank because he doesn't have much control over his swimming.

Will try the meds you sent Koko and if no improvement in a week I guess it might be time to talk the E* word... :(

• Admin

He's the same today. Still reacts to food but he's just too bloated to eat it. He'll try but he will shoot off like a missile and bump headfirst into the side of the tank because he doesn't have much control over his swimming.

Will try the meds you sent Koko and if no improvement in a week I guess it might be time to talk the E* word... :(

dont give up yet :):hug

How often can I dump metro on top of him?

• Admin

Yes came tonight thank you!

Awesome :thumb:

I would go ahead and start feeding the food, but could you also soak it a bit in garlic juice ?