Bottom Sitting

tastyworms

I would switch out of Repashy for now, Chris.

I am a big fan of the food (obviously), but it is still pretty new, and so there are kinks to be worked out. In times like this, let's switch him back to his diet. It may be that he's had too much of a good thing?

I have also been discussing with people on the idea that it might not be the best thing to do a sudden switch.

Edit: I'm not suggesting to medicate at this time. I just like to be prepared. :)

Metro-Meds is a better than the metronidazole powder, because it has a couple of other important active ingredients.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will order the metro Meds tonight just in case. He wouldn't touch his old food today. Probably because it floats.

I deployed the Epsom pea which he gobbled immediately. Will see what happens tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• Admin

Will order the metro Meds tonight just in case. He wouldn't touch his old food today. Probably because it floats.

I deployed the Epsom pea which he gobbled immediately. Will see what happens tonight.

Let me know I can send you some... got a whole un opened bag :)

Let me know I can send you some... got a whole un opened bag

Thank you koko :-). I will let you know by Monday.

After how long exactly? I appreciate all the help by the way. Although not very optimistic anymore of him recovering :-(

Going to post a new video soon. He's not pine coning but he looks bloated.

Edited by tastyworms

Took him out of the water today and weighed him. In a clear plastic container, it's obvious he has some sort of infection. You can see his vent is red and swollen and there is obvious pine coning and swelling from this angle.

I wish I would have taken him out of the water sooner to get a closer look. I didn't really stop to think that things would look so different from underneath his body.

I've requested MM from Koko (Thank you!), but I have metro powder readily available if I could start treatment sooner. It seems really bad in these non-cellphone pics. Please advise :(.

3LmYe.jpg

sPNLi.jpg

QNah6.jpg

5cJSu.jpg

ckyNo.jpg

Hi Chris. I obviously am not here to guide you through treatment (Alex did a fabulous job for my fish when he pineconed :heart ) but rather to offer you support and send healing vibes to your gorgeous fish. :D

The pics are fine BTW. I think we can see just what we need to. They will be very helpful to Alex.

• Admin

Though this may sound strange.... I would like to suggest Colloidal Silver 1100ppm along with the MM's :) you would use one drop per gallon per day for atleast 2 weeks straight :)

Though this may sound strange.... I would like to suggest Colloidal Silver 1100ppm along with the MM's :) you would use one drop per gallon per day for atleast 2 weeks straight :)

I will look into that.

Since we're about 5 days out from MM. I wonder if I should treat the tank with the metro powder I have on hand until then. Or mix up some supergreen or soilent green with a bit of metro in it. I guess I'm worried he doesn't have much more time in him to be left completely untreated. My fault, but this has been undiagnosed for at least a week because I didn't want to remove him from the tank. All the time he has becoming visibly worse. Less movement, visible pine coning, swollen vent and bloody abdomen, etc...

• Admin

I will look into that.

Since we're about 5 days out from MM. I wonder if I should treat the tank with the metro powder I have on hand until then. Or mix up some supergreen or soilent green with a bit of metro in it. I guess I'm worried he doesn't have much more time in him to be left completely untreated. My fault, but this has been undiagnosed for at least a week because I didn't want to remove him from the tank. All the time he has becoming visibly worse. Less movement, visible pine coning, swollen vent and bloody abdomen, etc...

Thats why Im suggesting the Silver :) its a fast acting Anitbotic.. I been using it and it worked wonders on curing Charlie when Myng got really sick. I looked it up and it seems others have used it in the past for dropsys.... But you might have to order that too, I got mine off of amazon :)

As for the powder I will have to wait to see what Alex says. :(

I'm sorry he's doing so much worse now Chris. :( I think you'll definitely want to mix up some gel food with metronidazole powder in it (to use while waiting for the mms), but I'm not sure of the dosage for that. Someone should be along soon to advise you, hang in there.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, but he does look like he his pineconing, and there are signs of bleeding. I would definitely make use of the metronidazole you have on hand. This is what I would do:

1) add the suggested amount to the water. Don't be too meticulous about completely dissolving it. Having some powder left for him to eat up is actually a good thing for now. :)

2) use either soilent or super green to make metro gel food. Helen has a pretty good video, as does Ted Judy. For Metronidazole, we want the metro to be 1% of the gel by weight (1 gram to metro into 100 grams of gel, for example), and that is fed at a rate of 1% of body weight daily. A little bit more is OK, too.

3) I have no opinion on colloidal silver, simply because I have no experience with it. I have heard that Koko has been using it, and it seems very interesting. :)

Good luck, and please let me know what else I can do to help. :)

• Admin

I think with the medicated food, and the silver we can kick this...

Alex, if hes using the powder can he switch to the MM's once I get them to him? Chris I have a half opened bottle of silver do you want that?

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, but he does look like he his pineconing, and there are signs of bleeding. I would definitely make use of the metronidazole you have on hand. This is what I would do:

1) add the suggested amount to the water. Don't be too meticulous about completely dissolving it. Having some powder left for him to eat up is actually a good thing for now. :)

2) use either soilent or super green to make metro gel food. Helen has a pretty good video, as does Ted Judy. For Metronidazole, we want the metro to be 1% of the gel by weight (1 gram to metro into 100 grams of gel, for example), and that is fed at a rate of 1% of body weight daily. A little bit more is OK, too.

3) I have no opinion on colloidal silver, simply because I have no experience with it. I have heard that Koko has been using it, and it seems very interesting. :)

Good luck, and please let me know what else I can do to help. :)

1% of the dry weight or the wet weight? It seems wet weight, but I want to double check :).

I think with the medicated food, and the silver we can kick this...

Alex, if hes using the powder can he switch to the MM's once I get them to him? Chris I have a half opened bottle of silver do you want that?

Can't hurt koko. I'll just send you new stuff of whatever you send when time isn't so much of the essence.

I appreciate it! I missed your post earlier as it didn't show on my phone for some reason.

Did some research on the silver and it is VERY broad spectrum. There were some concerns about it killing cycle bacteria and gut bacteria. So I would need to get a hospital tank setup to use it. Did you see it affect the cycle koko?

I will use the silver if I don't see any improvement by the time the package arrives.

I dosed the tank with 1 scoop of metro per 10 gallons last night. Could use twice that but I decided to go with one since I medicated his Soilent Green with 1 percent of metro.

He still wants to eat which is good. But he is having problems getting it in his mouth cause of his bouency issues.

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this. No matter the outcome I appreciate all the support. All. My fish have names and I care about all of them very much so this has been stressful..