Bottom Sitting

tastyworms

He seems depressed until I wall by the tank then he gets up and is excited and swims to the corner I feed him in. Then he does a few laps and lays back down if I leave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Flukes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

He seems depressed until I wall by the tank then he gets up and is excited and swims to the corner I feed him in. Then he does a few laps and lays back down if I leave

Flukes.

Agree,, Prazipro time salt... and if i may... Gel food with or soaked with Garlic :thumb:

I hope your fish feels better soon!

Re: the salt, I have never been able to find the Morton's Canning and Pickling salt at any of the grocery stores here. The only place that had it was Wal-Mart, so I would suggest checking there the next time you need some. It really is great stuff. :)

Well he also had a double dose of Prazi two days ago. So who knows :-)

Well, THAT was the piece my brain completely erased. To be completely honest, I was really surprised that the little bit of salt helped that much, but results are results :rofl

Thank you for reminding me of this crucial piece of info. I blame a certain out of control thread for frying my brain. :o

No, let's just leave the salt at 0.2%, since we already see the Prazi taking effect.

You will add your second dose 5-7 days after the first one. Make sure you do a big WC right before that, and replace the amount of salt you took out. :)

Thanks everyone. Continuing with treatment as advised.

TJ hasn't been spotted on the bottom since yesterday morning, so it seems he is improving. This morning he was swimming around quite normally. Prior to yesterday, he would be on the bottom whenever we left the room for a few minutes. So it's obvious improvement.

Thanks everyone. Continuing with treatment as advised.

TJ hasn't been spotted on the bottom since yesterday morning, so it seems he is improving. This morning he was swimming around quite normally. Prior to yesterday, he would be on the bottom whenever we left the room for a few minutes. So it's obvious improvement.

Great news! :) Keep up the good work!

Don't worry!

The purpose of my article is more to say that if you are getting a lifespan of 6-7 years, then you are in keeping with what has been observed.

I don't mean to say that if your fish are 6-7 years or older, they will be done soon. I would not say that at all. Good care means that they can easily go past life expectancy. :)

20 gallon water change today, brought nitrates from 40ppm to about 5ppm. It was probably more than a 66% change because of all the gravel I've got in the tank. I removed several cups of it today, so I can get some more water volume in there. Still plenty in there.

Added 200ml of salt to fresh water to maintain .2% salt.

Will give next double dose of Prazi tomorrow evening. I only really catch him bottom sitting at night when the lights are off now. He always gets up when he sees someone comes up to the surface expecting food.

Took a video of TJ a few minutes ago. May not be finished uploading yet. He's been sitting like this for about 8 hours and hasn't been responsive as usual. You can kind of catch a glimpse of a giant poo to his right. I think he might have been overfed SG yesterday by someone who thought I didn't feed him and vice versa. I'm going to fast him for a couple of days, but is this a symptom of overeating, or is his original condition taking a turn for the worse?

He doesn't look too good, and it does look as though he is taking a turn for the worst.

Tomorrow, could you do a big WC (doesn't matter what day of Prazi treatment it is, and bump the salt to 0.3%?

Let us know how he does in the morning, please.