Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Let there be a Sorority

Just a few quick pics of my newly acquired girls. These three plus the multicolored girl, and I want to get one more. Probably a blue one, if I see a nice looking one :)

Currently they are all in QT. The red one "worries" me a bit as she bottom sits and clamps a bit. Hopefully she will perk up soon!

The first two were in cups with cracks. You can see it with the red girl; the big crack on the left side with a couple drops of water seeping out.

The second one (no idea what color that is) was literally in 1" of water because her cup was slowly draining out through a small crack at the very bottom of the cup :(

The yellow crown tail is smaller than the two "regular" females. She is about the same size as the multicolored girl.

sorority01.jpg

sorority02.jpg

sorority03.jpg

And as a reminder, the still unnamed girl that I got like... 10 days? ago.

Even though she looks like a baby, she was laying a ton of eggs yesterday :doh11:

01.jpg

They will look so neat "together" :lol

They will look great together, Fang. The yellow one looks like my daughter's betta. She named her Daisy.

What a beautiful tank that will be. Have you had a betta community tank before?

Their all so beautiful! I'm happy that you were able to save the little one in the cracked container :D !

Ooo, I can hardly wait to see them together!!! You are getting an interesting mix of colors. :D

This is so cool. I can't wait to see how it works out. I hope to have a sorority ,one day, in a 30 long. Good luck and excellent choice on the girls. :)

Congrats on all your betta's. They are so pretty. I really like the last one though. She has the colors of turquoise and coral. Here's a name, Jewel. :)

Looking forward to seeing them all in one tank and how you decorate it. I hope they all do great. My daughter has two and was told back in Jan. that she can put them together in one tank. She put them in a 5 1/2 and I think within a day they did not do good at all. She had to separate them. So she has two betta's in two different tanks. I've learned now that you have to have at least 7 (correct me if I'm wrong) and a nice big tank so they can all have their own space. I can't wait to see what you do for your cuties. :)

I knew this day would come, as surely as the sun rises in the east, the moment you gushed about Donna Noble so long ago! :rofl

They are all beautiful, Fang, and I think it will be so much fun having a sorority. What kind of set up are they going into?

They will look great together, Fang. The yellow one looks like my daughter's betta. She named her Daisy.

What a beautiful tank that will be. Have you had a betta community tank before?

Their all so beautiful! I'm happy that you were able to save the little one in the cracked container :D !

They are so pretty, can't wait to see their tank all set up! :D

Ooo, I can hardly wait to see them together!!! You are getting an interesting mix of colors. :D

This is so cool. I can't wait to see how it works out. I hope to have a sorority ,one day, in a 30 long. Good luck and excellent choice on the girls. :)

That's so cool can't wait to see how things go

:D Betta sororities are the BEST! :) I cant wait for updates from you!

Congrats on all your betta's. They are so pretty. I really like the last one though. She has the colors of turquoise and coral. Here's a name, Jewel. :)

Looking forward to seeing them all in one tank and how you decorate it. I hope they all do great. My daughter has two and was told back in Jan. that she can put them together in one tank. She put them in a 5 1/2 and I think within a day they did not do good at all. She had to separate them. So she has two betta's in two different tanks. I've learned now that you have to have at least 7 (correct me if I'm wrong) and a nice big tank so they can all have their own space. I can't wait to see what you do for your cuties. :)

I knew this day would come, as surely as the sun rises in the east, the moment you gushed about Donna Noble so long ago! :rofl

They are all beautiful, Fang, and I think it will be so much fun having a sorority. What kind of set up are they going into?

Thanks everyone!

I am for now planning to first try to see if they would work out added to the (now well planted) community tank. That would after all be 55 gallons of room, lots of hiding places, and some other fish to pay attention to aside from each other. Kind of as replacements for the colorful platy, of which I have only 2 left of the originally 7.

The other fish in my community aren't ultra colorful; peppered cories, black neons, bloodfin tetras, otos, pleco and one yellow angel. Crossing my fingers that it will work :lol

Good luck! We are expecting pics once all the new girls get settled in. :)

Oooh lala, a sorority huh? About time someone here had one ;) I can't wait to see!

Very nice haul! I can't wait to see them all together! :D With all your new plants, I'm sure the tank will be a real stunner!!!

Very nice bettas Fang.................

all the colors will look nice together..................I like that with the females you can have MORE than one................although I do like my Draco............. :carrot:

I can't wait to see it completed. I think a 55g is going to be great for them all. Looking forward to pics or photo's.

Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately #2 of the pics passed away the night before last when I started using a light dose (1tsp per 5g of salt) during QT :(

Wow they all look great. Sorry you lost one. Now I want/need to set up a tank for some girls. lol No no no can't do it. But there is this 20 gallon I keep eyeing at the pet shop.... No no no.... lol

I well just have to enjoy yours can't wait to see lots of pictures.

Dang! I've never seen females with such great color, really pretty. Sorry bout your loss :(

Wow they all look great. Sorry you lost one. Now I want/need to set up a tank for some girls. lol No no no can't do it. But there is this 20 gallon I keep eyeing at the pet shop.... No no no.... lol

I well just have to enjoy yours can't wait to see lots of pictures.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! :rofl:rofl2

Dang! I've never seen females with such great color, really pretty. Sorry bout your loss :(

Thanks a lot! Yeah, too bad she is gone. I really liked her color.

Oh I'm sorry Fang! was she the one looking not so good before? If not, how is that one doing?

The one not doing so well was the red one, but she has fully turned around with increased temperature. Maybe she was just "cold" as suggested in another topic.

This one did perfectly fine an it bugs the heck out of me that with simple salt intolerance (I never had a fish this intolerant to salt, not even my scaleless fish, baby neons or snails) she was gone within a few hours, after she seemed to be so healthy :(

We'll I've often read that some bettas are very sensitive to salt. The salt was the only thing that changed for this fish (I doubt that a more stable temperature would have been an issue - it would rather be the opposite), and 12 hours later she was dropsied and dead, her face had turned all white too. So weird oO