Pond Goldfish Pics

rai-nbow

Hey, guys! Took some more pictures of the goldfish in our pool. :)

Most of them are babies unless otherwise stated. The 'adults' are all the ones we actually purchased. :heart

This is a baby we call Asher who is just now coming to the surface and letting us get a good look at him. He is STUNNING, probably one of our top 5 babies. We can't wait to see how he turns out as he matures. :D

Fish1.jpg

Three babies including Asher. We call the one to the right 'Baby Dalmatian' because we have an adult that looks just like it.

Fish2.jpg

The big one in the center here is an adult. Her name is Creamsicle. :) She used to be a two inch feeder fish! She's about 8 inches at least now.

Fish3.jpg

Every one of these is a baby excluding the large white and red one in the bottom right whose name is Orca. :)

Check out Asher in the center, show off~ :D

Fish5.jpg

The large one here is called "White Dalmation" and is one of our huge females. :)

Fish6.jpg

Check out Asher's tail here:

FIsh7.jpg

This is baby that we call Ginny, she's about 4 inches.

Fish10.jpg

Asher:

Fish11.jpg

Asher between two adults, Two Spot and Orca:

Fish12.jpg

Asher with an adult:

Fish14.jpg

Two big babies, Left and Two Spot, they're at least 6 inches

Fish16.jpg

The bottom male here is called Kaya

Fish19.jpg

An Adult Patch, the one with the red head and Kaya next to him:

Fish20.jpg

Asher again:

Fish21.jpg

Another one of our really impressive babies, another male we call Joseph with other babies around him:

Fish22.jpg

Fish23.jpg.

One of our baby sakuras:

Fish24.jpg

Fish27.jpg

Two Spot, an adult

Fish28.jpg

Cute calico baby:

Fish29.jpg

Mr. Patch, one of the adults:

Fish30.jpg

Fish31.jpg

This is Orca again, the big adult female:

Fish32.jpg

More Babies:

Fish33.jpg

Patch again:

Fish34.jpg

Orca(f) and Patch(m), adults:

Fish36.jpg

Fish37.jpg

Fish38.jpg

Fish40.jpg

A baby that looks a lot like Patch. :)

Fish41.jpg

Fish42.jpg

Thanks for looking!! If you see any you like let us know! We're thinking about trying to sell some online. :)

talk about pic heavy! They are all so beautiful. Asher is quite the looker, that tail is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

lol! Yeahh... I took 87 today, edited and saved 42 and posted... idk how many, sorry!! :heart:)

talk about pic heavy! They are all so beautiful. Asher is quite the looker, that tail is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

lol! Yeahh... I took 87 today, edited and saved 42 and posted... idk how many, sorry!! :heart:)

I am so jealous. Would love to see more. :) So gorgeous.

I am so jealous. Would love to see more. :) So gorgeous.

Hi! Here's a link to my photobucket album. Enjoy! :)

http://s63.beta.photobucket.com/user/MidnightRose22/library/Pond%20Fish

very nice! Are those goldfish or koi?

Goldfish. :)

They are gorgeous! I would love to have a pond some day. :) I can't believe how many babies you have!!!!! That's crazy! :yikes I love how your four-inch babies are bigger than all my fancies... :rofl

I know!! We have a couple hundred-- and the crazy thing is at that we have 6-8 inch babies that can only be 4-5 months old AND there is a little group of about 5 babies that are like an inch long that are still flitting about the pool together. It's crazy! :D We only started with about 20 adults!!! And our babies have breeding stars, EEK. :heart

Edited by Rai

They are gorgeous! I would love to have a pond some day. :) I can't believe how many babies you have!!!!! That's crazy! :yikes I love how your four-inch babies are bigger than all my fancies... :rofl

I know!! We have a couple hundred-- and the crazy thing is at that we have 6-8 inch babies that can only be 4-5 months old AND there is a little group of about 5 babies that are like an inch long that are still flitting about the pool together. It's crazy! :D We only started with about 20 adults!!! And our babies have breeding stars, EEK. :heart

How big is your pond? Your situation is why I get annoyed with people who say pond-type goldfish need 50, 100, or more gallons each in an aquarium or need to be in a pond. The only way you can keep a pond at a stocking level of more than 20 gallons per fish is to cull the babies or start with large adult fish. The bigger the adults are and the more you have, they more effective they are at eating the eggs. My front pond has about 20 gallons per fish, and in the two years in which it has had fish old enough to spawn, exactly one fry has survived. His name is Wonder, for obvious reasons.

How big is your pond? Your situation is why I get annoyed with people who say pond-type goldfish need 50, 100, or more gallons each in an aquarium or need to be in a pond. The only way you can keep a pond at a stocking level of more than 20 gallons per fish is to cull the babies or start with large adult fish. The bigger the adults are and the more you have, they more effective they are at eating the eggs. My front pond has about 20 gallons per fish, and in the two years in which it has had fish old enough to spawn, exactly one fry has survived. His name is Wonder, for obvious reasons.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/104147-huge-post/

This is her thread explaining her pond :)