Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Christmas Tank with Christmas Lights!

My tank has an LED Ikea dioder light strip on it, which has a bunch of different light settings. Perfect for my Christmas-themed tank! :)

Pretty! Bet your fish are wishing they had a disco ball :teehee

Thats really cool Jennie!

I have wondered about this before but can the fish actually detect the coloured LED light? or is it not strong enough - like does it interrupt them sleeping if you use it at night or does it function like those moonlight settings that you get on some light fixtures, which dont disturb fishes sleeping habits?

Edited by Lucerne

Aw. How fun is that!

Really cool! Thanks so much for sharing!! :heart

Awesome!! It looks soo cool :clapping: Also good luck with ur new butterflies!!! They are gorgeous:)

Thanks for sharing! Very fun and the adorable fishies are non the wiser lol

That's so awesome Sakura! I would never have thought to frost my tank like that but I did put up snowflakes similar to yours! :)

Pretty! Bet your fish are wishing they had a disco ball :teehee

:Jig: Party time!

It's a party in their tank and don't forget to bring the repashy eggnog :rofl

:Scoff: lol

That is super neat!!!!

Thanks Haley :)

I have wondered about this before but can the fish actually detect the coloured LED light? or is it not strong enough - like does it interrupt them sleeping if you use it at night or does it function like those moonlight settings that you get on some light fixtures, which dont disturb fishes sleeping habits?

I'm not sure, I've tried looking it up but I couldn't find a conclusive answer. What I found suggested that they can see color, but not in dim light. And these lights are pretty dim, so... :idont In any case, they've never shown any overt signs of distress when I have these lights on. I rarely leave it on this setting anyways, because it's kind of annoying to me, lol. You can also set it to solid colors (unchanging) or slowly shifting colors, and I prefer those settings.

Aw. How fun is that!

Too fun! :)santa

That's so cool! Thank you for posting the frost video :) It so cool!

Thanks and you're welcome!

Really cool! Thanks so much for sharing!! :heart

Thanks and you're welcome too! :D haha

Looks great! :D

Thanks!

Awesome!! It looks soo cool :clapping: Also good luck with ur new butterflies!!! They are gorgeous:)

Thank you, I love my new butterflies! :wub:

Thanks for sharing! Very fun and the adorable fishies are non the wiser lol

Yep, they don't even notice! :lol3

That's so awesome Sakura! I would never have thought to frost my tank like that but I did put up snowflakes similar to yours! :)

Thanks! Here's the full video where you can see all the details of the decor :)

Edited by Sakura

That is so cool. I love the way it makes your fish change colors too. So much fun, I could watch that all day. Ha ha. :)

That is soooo cool.

Where did you get the red and green glass beads? Is that something I could pick up at Micheals or are they special ones for fish tanks? :idont

Very cute but we couldn't see their darling Santa Stockings hanging. (I'm assuming they are still hung) :)

If anything is going to get me in the festive spirit, it's your Christmas tank, it just keeps getting better and better. Love it! :)santa

I am always blown away by your tank and decor................Simply amazing...........I bet your fish NEVER get bored..................WTG.............. :clapping:

Your tank is so pretty!! Where on earth did you get your aquarium Christmas trees?? I've been looking forever for one :D

That is so cool. I love the way it makes your fish change colors too. So much fun, I could watch that all day. Ha ha. :)

Thanks Mr.B! It gives color-changing goldfish a whole new meaning :D lol

That is soooo cool.

Where did you get the red and green glass beads? Is that something I could pick up at Micheals or are they special ones for fish tanks? :idont

Thanks Lisa :) Yep, I just got these glass beads at Michael's. Believe it or not, they were actually the most expensive part of this setup! lol They were only about $7 total for both colors, but everything else was really cheap because it was either thrifted, or made from things I already had.

Very cute but we couldn't see their darling Santa Stockings hanging. (I'm assuming they are still hung) :)

Yes, the stockings are still there! You know what's funny... my husband and I don't even have stockings for ourselves yet, but we do have them for the fish! :lol3

If anything is going to get me in the festive spirit, it's your Christmas tank, it just keeps getting better and better. Love it! :)santa

Thank you Becs! The tank is in the dining room, a really central room on the main floor of our house, so it makes the whole house seem festive! :)santa

I am always blown away by your tank and decor................Simply amazing...........I bet your fish NEVER get bored..................WTG.............. :clapping:

Thank you Deb! The fish do get super excited whenever I change the tank decor. That is, until they realize the new decor is not edible. :rofl

Your tank is so pretty!! Where on earth did you get your aquarium Christmas trees?? I've been looking forever for one :D

Thanks! I found them at a couple different thrift stores; any items made solely of glass are typically aquarium safe. Check your local thrift stores! :D

Thanks for the answer! looks like I need to get myself to Michaels. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea! :)

Thanks for the answer! looks like I need to get myself to Michaels. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea! :)

Not at all! But you must post photos! :D

OK, I'll see if I can get them this weekend and get a pic or two up. It will not look near as good as yours though! :heart

My puny little fish in their puny little tank . . . . :teehee

I had wondered this too. Good to know! :) It looks very pretty. :clapping: