Sign in to follow this  
Avepico

Hand fed fish attacking fingers

I am finally making some progress getting the fish to hand feed and of course brave little Hoover is the first to try it out. Now he bites my fingers when I have to put my hand in the tank. Pretty funny actually, but a bit distracting when I am trying to do something. Anyone else experienced this, and will he maybe stop biting at some point?

Lol! Yes, my guys love to chew on me when I have my arms in the tank. I say that they're giving me kisses, even though I know what their one track minds are really after! :D My husband says that I'm probably like a tank ornament, or another fish to them because I'm *always* in there fiddling. Lol!

:rofl I was actually painstankingly planting tiny plants in my tank the other night and the two of mine would not stop nibbling my hand, normally this is really cute, but it actually got slightly annoying because I couldn't see what I was doing when they swam near my hand and they kept getting in the way :P I ended up putting a big chunk of repashy at the other end of the tank so I could actually get something done lol

:rofl I was actually painstankingly planting tiny plants in my tank the other night and the two of mine would not stop nibbling my hand, normally this is really cute, but it actually got slightly annoying because I couldn't see what I was doing when they swam near my hand and they kept getting in the way :P I ended up putting a big chunk of repashy at the other end of the tank so I could actually get something done lol

Lol! That's what I do! Need to get some work done? Bribe them with food. :tomuch:

Lol! That's what I do! Need to get some work done? Bribe them with food. :tomuch:

works with me! :P

. Anyone else experienced this, and will he maybe stop biting at some point?

it really is love at first bite.. and the rest is history! :rofl

It is super cute, and I love that he isn't afraid. I may have to do the bribery/distraction thing if they all decide to give me "kisses".

All I can see is a swarm of goldies acting like piranha when you stick your hand in there one of these days, Avepico!

Clem only stops biting after she realizes there's no food to be had. Then she gets mad at me for a couple of hours.

All I can see is a swarm of goldies acting like piranha when you stick your hand in there one of these days, Avepico!

Clem only stops biting after she realizes there's no food to be had. Then she gets mad at me for a couple of hours.

I suppose human flesh is high protein and good for growing fish.

:rofl2 mine just swim away panicked but I guess soon ill get eaten alive :lol

I don't think it's ever going to stop :rofl

You guys are luck to get nibbling. I get splashed :rofl