Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

My New Butterfly Telescopes!

Beautiful Sakura. I love the red and white one. Sorry for the stress.

I wanted to say... USPS screws up all the time. My packages are almost always late and one was lost. Other times I've had DOA - This is when I was breeding bettas. I hate using them and use UPS when I can. Glad they came alive!

I agree with Alex. $70 is like overnight UPS cost. That's ridiculous.

Edited by GreenTea

They are both gorgeous! I'm so happy they are doing well, that had to be insanely stressful. Congrats! :)

Thanks Jenny! I was so upset when I thought they'd be dead. To make matters worse, many of the customer service people I spoke to on the phone were really rude.

They are absolutely darling! So glad they arrived alive and well :)

Thanks Molly! I think they are too, hehe. Every time I look at them I can't believe how incredibly cute they are!

I am so happy that they made it!! I hope qt is uneventful and the whitey perks up (: adorable!

Thanks LC! The white one is doing better already! :)

Oh they are beautiful!

Thank you Anna!

aww they are very cute! I'm glad they both made it okay!

Thanks Tithra, me too!

Yeah, czhang is wonderful. My Calico Tele is from him, and he's still going strong. I hope it's the same for you, 5 days in a box is very telling- You seem to have gotten some really strong fish.

I knew it was only a matter of time until you bought yourself some butterflies, it's one of the key things I associate your username with. Sakura and her Butterflies.

Congrats on the cuties.

Thank you! And yes... I love my ryukins a lot, but I was counting the days until I could get some more butterflies, haha. :)

Congrats!!!!! They are beautiful! I still have two butterflies from him. One is the one I sucked the eyes out of :o so I second their good health.

Thanks Lori! I remember your eyeless telescope, glad he's still going strong! :)

Congratulations! I love them :) maybe I will look into this seller, I would love to have one of my tanks be all teles and I love butterfly teles!

Thanks! Yes, he has lots of cute red/white telescopes right now and also a couple of pretty black ones. :)

I'm so glad they arrived safely. I was expecting a package Monday, and it was delivered today instead, and I was thinking how unfair that was for you and your fish. :(

I am wondering if the seller shipped the fish properly, though. I assume they were shipped overnight or two-day mail, and I thought that would cost more.

Thanks Shawn, me too! I was honestly so surprised they were alive, I thought for sure they were goners. But they look great! :)

They were sent priority mail, which I guess is a 2-3 day delivery standard. I was told they'd arrive in 2 days, but I guess that is the best case scenario and it didn't work out that way. Next time (if I use USPS ever again, that is!) I'm going to request express mail which I believe is faster (next-day delivery) and guaranteed.

I think it's insane that he charges you $70 to ship by USPS. When Kulukan got fish shipped to her from New York, it was $18 by USPS.

To add insult to injury, the fish took several extra days, which I'm sure caused them an unfathomable amount of stress. I know the seller can't have control over whether USPS will be late or not, but he doesn't have to gouge people on the shipping price. :no:

I know, it surprised me when I saw the shipping label with $22 printed on it after I had paid $70 for shipping. :/

Beautiful Sakura. I love the red and white one. Sorry for the stress.

I wanted to say... USPS screws up all the time. My packages are almost always late and one was lost. Other times I've had DOA - This is when I was breeding bettas. I hate using them and use UPS when I can. Glad they came alive!

I agree with Alex. $70 is like overnight UPS cost. That's ridiculous.

Thanks GT! The only other time I had fish shipped through USPS was about a year ago, and they made the exact same mistake then as they did this time. Only last time it didn't turn out so good for the fish; two out of three were dead. :( I'm going to avoid using USPS from now on when I can help it. In your experience, were they even late with the express mail packages? I think that's the one that is guaranteed overnight, right?

I know why they're late so often though... they fly their packages out on FedEx planes, and FedEx gives priority to their own packages over those of USPS.

What cute fish! love the wiggle

Thanks! I love it too :wub:

I'm so glad they arrived safely. I was expecting a package Monday, and it was delivered today instead, and I was thinking how unfair that was for you and your fish. :(

I am wondering if the seller shipped the fish properly, though. I assume they were shipped overnight or two-day mail, and I thought that would cost more.

Thanks Shawn, me too! I was honestly so surprised they were alive, I thought for sure they were goners. But they look great! :)

They were sent priority mail, which I guess is a 2-3 day delivery standard. I was told they'd arrive in 2 days, but I guess that is the best case scenario and it didn't work out that way. Next time (if I use USPS ever again, that is!) I'm going to request express mail which I believe is faster (next-day delivery) and guaranteed.

OK, that is not cool and not the proper way to ship fish imo. Priority is not guaranteed and can take more than 3 days for long-distance shipping. For the amount you paid, the seller should have sent them overnight or 2-day.

I'm sorry the seller put you through this. I would not buy from this seller. :(

OK, that is not cool and not the proper way to ship fish imo. Priority is not guaranteed and can take more than 3 days for long-distance shipping. For the amount you paid, the seller should have sent them overnight or 2-day.

Today Arthur refunded me the difference in shipping cost! Next time I will ask him to use Express shipping.

Nice fish, I too now begin to love and raise this wonderful race . I like how they swim, top view.

Edited by mikroll

Nice fish, I too now begin to love and raise this wonderful race . I like how they swim, top view.

Thanks Michael! Butterflies are simply irresistible :)

Today Arthur refunded me the difference in shipping cost! Next time I will ask him to use Express shipping.

I'm glad he refunded you the difference. :) See? It all worked out. :heart Don't forget to enjoy your fishies!

Anyway, they are both gorgeous, and I am glad you finally got your dream fish!

Sakura, now that you have your dream fish, I'd be glad to take Clover and Callisto off your hands. I'll get them a 75 gallon just like they're used to! :D

Sakura, now that you have your dream fish, I'd be glad to take Clover and Callisto off your hands. I'll get them a 75 gallon just like they're used to! :D

Lol! I can probably get to her place first, so eat my dust! :D

Lol! I can probably get to her place first, so eat my dust! :D

:rofl You guys will have to fight me for them first! :flex: lol

Gorgeous fish Sakura. Clover and Callisto too. Are you planning on breeding any of them? Seems like you keep your fish in pair :)

Gorgeous fish Sakura. Clover and Callisto too. Are you planning on breeding any of them? Seems like you keep your fish in pair :)

Thanks! I do have plans to hopefully breed butterfly telescopes someday.

I've never seen any breeding behavior between Clover and Callisto, but I'm not super interested in breeding those two anyway, I'd rather focus on butterflies. :)

That was nice to see that you got refunded the difference. Now you can spend that extra money on something fun/else for all your beautiful fish. Hope your new beauties are doing good. :)