Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

My New Butterfly Telescopes!

Some of you have been following my blog posts and YouTube videos about this, and I want to say thank you for your support to everyone who was! :heart This has been so stressful.

I purchased some new fish from a great seller on Aquabid, who I highly recommend (Czhang), and he sent them out on Monday. It was supposed to be 2-day shipping, but the post office messed up and the fish didn't get here until this morning (Saturday). So the poor little babies were in the box for five days. I've gotten fish in the mail many times, and only once have I had fish arrive dead, and that was when a very similar shipping delay happened about a year ago. So I was really afraid that these fish would be dead upon arrival. I opened the box right there in the post office, and was so happy to see a flash of red as the little red/white butterfly moved around! They were both alive! :D They are really tiny and super cute! The red/white one has tons of energy and is swimming all over the place. The white one is a little bit lethargic compared to the other one, but still swimming around. An all-white butterfly telescope has been my dream fish for years, so I am so happy! They are both so precious!

Here's a video of them for you guys.

I didn't expect anything less than very pretty fish! They look so glad to be out of that bag, I love the wiggle on the orange and white one. Will they be joining Clover and Callisto?

So pretty :Congrats:

Like I said on Facebook, I'm glad you got these babies alright! They are absolutely adorable and everyone involved was so lucky!

Hurray!

So glad for you that they arrived okay in the end! when I saw about the delay I really felt for you.

Cant wait to see them flourish in your care :)

I commented on FB but I'll say it here too, congrats! I'm so glad they both arrived safe and sound. Did you test the water in their bags? I'm curious as to what it would be after a 5 day delay.

Oh my stars!! How cute are they? The red/white one looks like someone took an all white and dipped her in red Easter egg dye!

Just adorable. And, as always, your video is excellent! :)

Where are they going to go? :idont

I didn't expect anything less than very pretty fish! They look so glad to be out of that bag, I love the wiggle on the orange and white one. Will they be joining Clover and Callisto?

So pretty :Congrats:

Thanks Becs! I'm not sure where I'll put them yet. I still have my 55 gallon tank that's empty in the basement, so I might bring that tank upstairs and set them up in that.

Like I said on Facebook, I'm glad you got these babies alright! They are absolutely adorable and everyone involved was so lucky!

Thank you! I'm so relieved and happy that they made it safely.

Hurray!

So glad for you that they arrived okay in the end! when I saw about the delay I really felt for you.

Cant wait to see them flourish in your care :)

Thanks Luke! I'm glad that they are so small, I will get to watch them grow and develop!

I commented on FB but I'll say it here too, congrats! I'm so glad they both arrived safe and sound. Did you test the water in their bags? I'm curious as to what it would be after a 5 day delay.

Thanks girl! I wish I did test the bag water, but I didn't. :( I thought about it, but I was so intent on just doing what I need to in order to get them in QT and settled in as quickly as possible.

Oh my stars!! How cute are they? The red/white one looks like someone took an all white and dipped her in red Easter egg dye!

Just adorable. And, as always, your video is excellent! :)

Where are they going to go? :idont

Thanks! Yeah the red/white one has really neat coloring, huh?! I might put them with Clover and Callisto, otherwise I still have my 55 gallon tank downstairs in storage that I could put them in. :)

:Congrats: I am so glad you have some butterfly teles in your crew again. Considering that they were stuck in the mail for so long, they are doing excellently. I think that younger fish are so much more resilient. :)

Anyway, they are both gorgeous, and I am glad you finally got your dream fish!

They are so adorable! I love the orange and white one, what a cute coloring!

I remember the mishap with shipping with your black (?) teles, that was just awful when only one arrived alive. I am glad it worked out this time though! :)

:Congrats: I am so glad you have some butterfly teles in your crew again. Considering that they were stuck in the mail for so long, they are doing excellently. I think that younger fish are so much more resilient. :)

Anyway, they are both gorgeous, and I am glad you finally got your dream fish!

Thank you Alex!

They are so adorable! I love the orange and white one, what a cute coloring!

I remember the mishap with shipping with your black (?) teles, that was just awful when only one arrived alive. I am glad it worked out this time though! :)

Thanks Fang!

Yeah, only the black one was alive when they arrived that time, it was awful. There was a white one and a red one that were dead. :(

Glad all ended up happy & healthy! WHEW!!

I was gonna say something about the orange & white one looking dipped but Lisa beat me to it!! LOL!!

They are SO cute!!!

I am just curious...how much was shipping? I look on Aquadbid now & then. Might have to look again!!

Congrats on your new fish. They are adorable and cute as can be. They look happy as can be swimming about. I'm glad they arrived safely after a long 5 days. You must have been very stressed out. Hope you can enjoy them now. Can't wait to see if they are going to be with your others or if you set up another tank.

I am just curious...how much was shipping? I look on Aquadbid now & then. Might have to look again!!

Thanks Jeana! I paid $70 for shipping, but I see on the box that it only actually cost $22. I've asked the seller if he'd be willing to refund the extra, so we'll see. Of course he should also charge for the shipping supplies and his time, so I can understand paying a little more than the actual cost to ship. He has been really good to deal with. Even though the shipping mistake was not his fault, he had offered a full refund (even shipping price!) or to send me two new fish free of charge if these ones were dead on arrival. Thankfully that did not happen! :)

Congrats on your new fish. They are adorable and cute as can be. They look happy as can be swimming about. I'm glad they arrived safely after a long 5 days. You must have been very stressed out. Hope you can enjoy them now. Can't wait to see if they are going to be with your others or if you set up another tank.

Thank you! :D I am so relieved too that they arrived safe, I can't believe it!

Congrats, glad they made the 5day trip

Thanks, me too! :)

Edited by Sakura

They are both gorgeous! I'm so happy they are doing well, that had to be insanely stressful. Congrats! :)

They are absolutely darling! So glad they arrived alive and well :)

I am so happy that they made it!! I hope qt is uneventful and the whitey perks up (: adorable!

Oh they are beautiful!

aww they are very cute! I'm glad they both made it okay!

Yeah, czhang is wonderful. My Calico Tele is from him, and he's still going strong. I hope it's the same for you, 5 days in a box is very telling- You seem to have gotten some really strong fish.

I knew it was only a matter of time until you bought yourself some butterflies, it's one of the key things I associate your username with. Sakura and her Butterflies.

Congrats on the cuties.

Congrats!!!!! They are beautiful! I still have two butterflies from him. One is the one I sucked the eyes out of :o so I second their good health.

Congratulations! I love them :) maybe I will look into this seller, I would love to have one of my tanks be all teles and I love butterfly teles!

I'm so glad they arrived safely. I was expecting a package Monday, and it was delivered today instead, and I was thinking how unfair that was for you and your fish. :(

I am wondering if the seller shipped the fish properly, though. I assume they were shipped overnight or two-day mail, and I thought that would cost more.

I think it's insane that he charges you $70 to ship by USPS. When Kulukan got fish shipped to her from New York, it was $18 by USPS.

To add insult to injury, the fish took several extra days, which I'm sure caused them an unfathomable amount of stress. I know the seller can't have control over whether USPS will be late or not, but he doesn't have to gouge people on the shipping price. :no: