Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Alot less air gulping after eating seaweed

I give my fish veggies with each meal because even with repashy the fantail still has some constipation (long white poop) here and there. I usually feed green beans or peas but they both do tons of air eating after their meals, especially the oranda.

I had some dried seaweed (alot of it) in a box but I can't clip it or the fantail being a pig eats it all and pretty much whole thing which isn't so good for him.

So I broke off a bunch of little pieces and put it in some water and microwaved it for 30 secs then dried it and have been feeding it with meals. Its kinda like mush, like it would be if you saw it in the ocean. The positive side I am seeing is much less air gulping after meals. I don't know if its because peas and beans are harder to digest or cause more gas etc. or maybe because the seaweed is a natural form of vegetation found in waters vs farmed foods.

Edited by cmclien

That's the reason why I've been saying to avoid peas and go for well-cooked baby spinach. That's also the reason why we advocate gel food being made with agar agar (seaweed) as the binding agent. :rofl

That's the reason why I've been saying to avoid peas and go for well-cooked baby spinach. That's also the reason why we advocate gel food being made with agar agar (seaweed) as the binding agent. :rofl

Does Repashy have agar agar or gelatin? I won't eat gelatin and I'm not crazy about giving to my fish.

No gelatin, at least not in the soilent green. I didn't look at the other mixes, but I suspect not.

Thats too funny! I had no idea thats what agar agar was!

Does Repashy have agar agar or gelatin? I won't eat gelatin and I'm not crazy about giving to my fish.

What's wrong with gelatin? It's only boiled bones and hooves. :D

You left out rendered skin...

You left out rendered skin...

Deee licious!

Ok forget the like button. Where's the you two are gonna make me barf button??? :wa:

This thread has been rendered terrifying! :rofl

Did anyone notice how punny I was? :rofl

Did anyone notice how punny I was? :rofl

Yes, you sure are punny Alex. Real punny. :pp