Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Acrylic tank owners share the dimensions of your filter slots.

I searched the net and nowhere I can I find dimensions of acrylic tank filter slots.

Please list tanks size and who manufactured it and the dimensions of the filter slot. Pictures would be nice.

My 20 gallon rectangular Clear for Life.

rectangle-20-gallon-acrylic-aquarium-regular-20r-by-clear-for-life.jpg

The dimensions of filter slot is 15 inches across and 2 inches wide. Filter slot itself looks like a yard stick.

My new SeaClear rectangular 40 gallon tank.

Starter-Aquarium_24168.jpg

filter.jpg

The filter slot is 15 inches across and 2 inches wide. Filter slot itself looks like a yard stick.

Edited by larryngu

I would love to see other tanks too. I am interested in getting an acrylic tank eventually but am a little concerned about the openings for filters and cleaning. I would love to see top view pics like Larry's last picture!

I would love to see other tanks too. I am interested in getting an acrylic tank eventually but am a little concerned about the openings for filters and cleaning. I would love to see top view pics like Larry's last picture!

Misread your post.

I thought you wanted a top view of my 20 gallon.

Edited by larryngu

My 20 gallon?

I mean if anyone else has top view pics of their acrylic tanks like the last picture you posted so we can see what the openings look like. These pictures are hard to find online! Every picture is from a side or front view.

I will do a water change tomorrow and will take a picture of my 20 gallon's top view.

Right now my twenty gallon has two HOB on it.

Edited by larryngu

This is a great post! I'm shopping for a 60-75 gallon tank, and I'd love to go acrylic, but the tops scare me. I run AC110's, and I don't want to have trouble fitting my filters. I think a top slot shot ( :D) is a great idea!

This is one of the VERY FEW commercial sites that show the top shots of Clear for Life aquariums of various sizes.

http://www.myfishtan...spx?productID=5

Thank you so much for this site link! How are their shipping rates?

I don't know. I never bought from them. They are the only commercial site on the web that shows top view of tanks.(I think)