Sign in to follow this  
number20121

So much room for activities!

This morning I finally named my new betta!

Which is a fun story. It happened when I was watching the guy together with hubby before I had to go to work, and I told Steven that the betta must love even the 2.5g QT tank compared to the small cup he was in at Walmart.

Then both of us said simultaneously "So much room for activities!!" - which is something both of us say a lot because we love the movie Step Brothers.

Right that second it hit me, and I said that from now on, this fish shall be known as Will Ferrell :lol

Anyway, here video of Will from a few days ago. The QT has some more plants since, and he is really doing well so far. He seems much "nicer" than Donna Noble was, and he is so very curious all the time! Such a fun little cutie :)

And just because, here's the scene that gave him his name :lol

https://www.youtube....h?v=27R79_Mi5Hk

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I seriously love that!!! I laughed so hard when I read the "so much room for activities thing"....... seriously hilarious. And he is gorgeous!!

Are you a Dr. Who fan? or just Donna Noble? And of course being named Donna Noble would make anyone a little sassy!

And he is very pretty by the way! Are they happy in a 2.5g? Still thinking of getting one but don't want a large tank.

Edited by cmclien

Are you a Dr. Who fan? or just Donna Noble? And of course being named Donna Noble would make anyone a little sassy!

And he is very pretty by the way! Are they happy in a 2.5g? Still thinking of getting one but don't want a large tank.

Both, Dr. Who and, Donna was my absolute favorite companion :D

I think a 2.5g is the absolute minimum, but it's a bit tricky to get it properly heated without overheating it. I find a 5g to be a perfect home for a betta, and if planted, it offers room for some tank mates as well.

But again, a 2.5g can work. I kept Donna in one at first but over time I felt like she was outgrowing it. But she was very big for a female in general, so I think a single female betta would probably do well in a 2.5g on the long run too :)

I just think in the long run they are so much happier in a 5 gallon (I eventually moved my guy up to a 10 because he was so active!)

They really do love the swimming space. As Fang said though, it can work, but is way less stable for temperature and params than a bit bigger tank is

:rofl

Will is a fantastic addition, and a great story to the naming! :)

Both, Dr. Who and, Donna was my absolute favorite companion :D

Ok, I just have to say I Love Dr. Who, started watching it with Doc 11 and am quite fond of Amy, so sad to see her go. I'm not sure how such a campy show can routinely make me cry. Then this last summer we ordered the whole series of the 10th doc and had a marathon with our daughter (who is 13) so got to see all 3 of his companions and got such a kick out of Donna! My hubby thinks David Tennant was the best doctor ever and has a hard time watching Matt but because I started there, I like him too.

Onto fishy stuff lol

Ok, on the 5g, maybe I will ask for a little setup for xmas as I can't think of anything I want ha ha

Edited by cmclien

Agh Amy gets on my nerves so much anymore. I am actually glad to see her go :lol She has gotten just so annoying and the way she treats Rory (and the way he lets her treat him) is just painful to watch.

But I am in general tired of companions that have romantic feelings for the Doctor. One more reason why Donna was the best companion ever. She was his friend, and only interested in his friendship.

There's a good reason why the first actual episode that started Donna as his companion was called "Partners in Crime". This woman was just awesome!

tumblr_lxwwkzncY81qjxl1no10_r1_250.gif

what a pretty fish! congrats on the new addition :)

I've never seen that movie so it was nice/fun to watch that clip of how and why you named your fish. Very cute and funny.

Your fish looks good. I liked the video part where he is looking right at the camera behind those plant leaves. I'm glad you think a 2 1/2 g. tank is big enough for a betta. My daughter has two females and one of them is in a 5g the other in a 2 1/2. I think she'll upgrade possibly. But for now they both seem happy and doing well. We have an unused 5 but have it for a qt and we already used it twice w/in the last few months for the goldfish for unseen reasons. (no health issues)

"Dale no power tools!"

"It's my toothbrush."

"That is not your toothbrush."

:rofl

His pinkish hue is quite flattering, what a handsome little guy! :)

Does he play jazz flute? :P

It's freakin' hilarious! I love how your mind works! :rofl

tumblr_lxwwkzncY81qjxl1no10_r1_250.gif

"Dr. Donna" Love this! She was great but everyone else is always in love with the doctor and he always burns them as is in his nature.

oh I love the name................and I love the fish........and of course I love Will Ferrell !!!

my mom, my sister's, my best friend all went to see the movie "Step-brother's" the day before I had surgery...............lol........what an experience that was.............esp. with my mom and the scene about the drum !!!.....I leaned over and told her,........."you know those are fake one don't you ??.......lol