Decent pictures from the 55

Hidr

I added the betta and frogs from the 5 gallon a week ago. I also bought five platy to add some color to the tank. Going to get another tiger lily and some red crypts for more color soon.

Frogs are doing great. I was hoping with all the plants they would be able to get to the top with no problem and I was right.

I have even started seeing the otto's more often. Saw all four Monday night. Only saw one this morning.

Morning019-1.jpg

Morning044.jpg

Morning054.jpg

For some reason just liked this picture. Was trying to get the frog you can see him on the right if you have really good eyes. He really blends in. lol

Morning078.jpg

This looks so great! I am so jealous of your tank. I wish my plants would grow this nicely but most of them eventually die or at least never thrive :lol

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :rofl

I think we should send Hidr on a Kokonut tour, where she can help people with their plants. She could be our consultant. And she should come to my house first! ;)

This looks so great! I am so jealous of your tank. I wish my plants would grow this nicely but most of them eventually die or at least never thrive :lol

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :rofl

I think we should send Hidr on a Kokonut tour, where she can help people with their plants. She could be our consultant. And she should come to my house first! ;)

Alright! And next step me! My plants are always so sad looking :lol

Angels do kiss. It can be a good or bad thing lol mine did it every night because they were a breeding pair.

Your tank is beautiful as always! I may have requested this before, but can you list some of your plants so that I may copy you? Thanks :P

Ok first go to my sticky about planted tank. Second after reading it and the web sites I suggest just start asking questions. Really a dirt tank with low light no ferts and no co2 is easy once you get the hang of it.

It does have some minor problems but I have decided to ignore. Some algae on the slow growing plants. Soil coming in the back area and right now the tank turns rust colored between water changes. But many of the problems well sort themselves out in time. ie algae and the colored water.

I did start out small with a bowl to get the hang of it at first. Find what plants work for my water and set up.

I have even had success with just fluorite substrate but only for a short time. Window light seems to be very helpful for me.

Edited by Hidr

Bottom right in the corner up against the glass. The tank seal sort of makes him all blury. Like I said hard to see. But once you find him you keep seeing him. lol

Bottom right in the corner up against the glass. The tank seal sort of makes him all blury. Like I said hard to see. But once you find him you keep seeing him. lol

I see him! I see him! lol At least I think those little black circles by the seal are his eyes. And then his hind legs stretched out behind his little body. Very cute.