Sign in to follow this  
meatisadelicacy

Telescope eye trauma or sickness or both?

So they eye looks like it's back to normal. The tail seems to have some red streaks. How long should I keep salting and doing to 100% wc's with melafix? Thanks!

Edited by meatisadelicacy

Sounds like you might be done. How are the spots on the fins?

if the eye has healed and you are happy with that and the wound is no longer open, then you can quit the melafix. i would like you to reduce the salt to 0.1% and continue that for 2 days. do you have a cycled filter in the tank?

if you do, then after you remove the melafix (please arrange a 100% wc for this or 2 x 60% WC's) and you only have the 0.1% salt in there, then you can go without the water change for the two days.

after the two days of 0.1% salt, i would like you to then remove the salt (please arrange a 100% wc for this or 2 x 60% WC's) but keep the fish in QT for another 3-4 days. once you get to the end of that treatment plan, please post back with pictures and a short video so we can reassess. ok?

I do not have a cycled filter in there, just the airstone.

Sounds like you might be done. How are the spots on the fins?

The spots are gone but there are still thin red streaks.

Yup. Time to revert to just clean water. The red will fade with time :)

She still had red streaks in her tail. They are very thin, but they are still there. It's been 5 days of just fresh water with 100% changes at night. What do you guys think?

Sounds like she's healed. Some fish will have visible threads of veins in their fins, and that's normal. :)

Sounds like she's healed. Some fish will have visible threads of veins in their fins, and that's normal. :)

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to put her back if she wasn't 100%. Thanks so much to both of you!

Guys. My ranchu with the back sore has the exact same back sore after less than two weeks, and my telescope has the bumps on her tail again. This time they look worse. Red streaks are back on the fins worse than last time, too. Obviously something is not right in my tank. My 75 gallon tank. How do I go about salting or treating a 75 gallon tank?

Start a new thread, please. :)