Sign in to follow this  
anastasiam

Repashy for the first time!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! How did the experiment go Tastyworms? I'm just so happy that they love it so much!

Ironically, I decided to start the experiment at 8pm tonight, which was about 2.5 hours ago. The flatter piece is falling apart the most, while the cube is mostly intact. You can see it doesn't really turn the water green or anything, but bits and pieces seem to lose their agar and fall off in tiny bits. I'll take another look at it before I go to bed and in the morning.

ZrDyV.jpg

Mine definitely dissolved a bit in my tank when I left it in overnight...my water was very cloudy (not tinted or anything, just a whitish cloudiness) in the morning. I just did a big waterchange and all better. :)

I think I'm going to try putting it in icecube trays when I make it next and maybe putting it on a string or something so they have to chase it a bit. Make em work for it. :rofl I like something Fang suggested to me as well, which was to get a plain ceramic tile and spread it on the rough side and let it set, then just let them graze for a bit. Grazing is ok I think, just make sure you don't leave it in there for more than a couple hours and try not to put more than they can eat. :) Obviously sometimes some one may get more than their fair share, but that usually alternates in my tank so it balances out. You can always fast for a couple days if they overeat, or try feeding in two spots to split up the crowd. :)

gEAG7.jpg

This is the next morning.

AgxOD.jpg

This is the 24 hour mark

After a few hours of it being in the cup, the water definitely smelled like the food despite their not being a lot of dissolving. I think as with any food, you really don't want to over feed. Cube shapes seem to hold up better than flat shapes.

What a good idea. I'm going to try that to see how well my cubes hold up.

Good to know! I tried leaving a little more in my fantail's tank, but he ate it in two gulps anyway :rofl

Still intact after two days fyi. Although the water in the cup was noticeably cloudy at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2