Help goldfish has serious fin rot.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am keeping them at .1% like you told me. Should I continue?

The fins look like they are healing

I think it would be a good idea to keep it at .1% since you still have nitrites. It is not totally necessary, but the salt will help to avoid nitrite poisoning.

Glad to hear they are doing better!

Do I still need the API test kit?

Ph: 7.0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 5

Hardness: 75

Alkalinity: 80

Nitrates will go away when I change the water?

Yes, you should still have a test kit. You should test your water regularly even when you're cycled.

Nitrates will go down when you change your water

I'm new here but I wonder if putting the 2 smaller fish into the larger aquarium would be a good idea .. I don't know how small "small" is. 4 is a lot for a 20 gallon, but 2 in a 5 gallon is preposterous. It might be easier to control the waste if you had them all in the 20. I'd also feed sparingly . Small amounts until you get things in order. I have 6 in a 30 gallon but I also have 3 filters running one being a fluval 304. This is also temporary. I would do all I could to save money for an upgrade soon.

I think she upgraded to a 29g some weeks back and now has 3 fish, is that right mygoldfish?

Edit: How are the fish? Signs of fins/tails growing back? ich all gone now?

And I agree, you still need that kit, I use mine ALL the time. Without it you are kind of blind if regards to your water parameters.

Edited by CindiL

I think she upgraded to a 29g some weeks back and now has 3 fish, is that right mygoldfish?

Edit: How are the fish? Signs of fins/tails growing back? ich all gone now?

And I agree, you still need that kit, I use mine ALL the time. Without it you are kind of blind if regards to your water parameters.

Yep.

The tail grew back a lot then I guess it stopped?? Or maybe I haven't noticed any difference..idk. Ick is gone now. :D

• 1 month later...
:th_news: Hey just to let ya'll know, the finrot is almost gone and they are doing great! :D Thank you all for helping me so much and giving me hope when I lost it. You guys taught me a lot of stuff and never gave up when I asked too many questions. You really saved my fish. :goldfish: Thank you so much I am glad everything's better after all that I've went through and I'm glad I found this great website again thank you guys so much! :heart:pease: Edited by mygoldfishmylife