Sign in to follow this  
BurningIvy

Fry with issues

Happy birthday, Bill! :heart

One month old Little Bill today. =) he's so much bigger than when I first found him

baby.jpg

68852_4965124855859_1872867333_n.jpg

we have certainly come a long way!

:) He really looks like a fish now! :heart

I love that pic! It looks like he's admiring himself in the mirror! :heart

He does that a lot just looks at himself and swims away. It's so cute. It's crazy how active he is today... he's just super busy. Birthday preparations haha

awesome update :clapping:

Little Bill is doing great. I added in a sponge filter today. I think he likes it! The babies seem to be thriving which is a nice change =) and we have had a new set hatch. Not too many but enough to keep me busy I suppose!

Busy, busy, busy. How old are the babies? I just can't keep all these fry straight!

Little Bill is one month and (tomorrow) one week old. The middle fry began hatching the 30th of November (so probably around 2 weeks old) and the newest ones hatched yesterday. =)

yes ma'am =)

The new kids on the block: very blurry but the best I could get

DSCF0073.jpg

Middle Children

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

And of course Little Bill!!!

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

Little Bill is looking so much like a grown goldie! what are you feeding him?

Little Bill is the star of the show, isn't he? :heart

Yay little bill.. Wonder what colours he will be...

He gets a small chunk of frozen (warmed) baby brine shrimp as many times a day as I remember to get it to him. He started on first bites when I first found him but I don't think he liked those so I switched to this and he gobbles 'em all up!

Out of curiosity, when will Bill be big enough for regular foods and peas and things like that? Also, should I do some rounds of prazi? If so, how do I do prazi in a 2.5 G tank. And so nobody gets mad thinking that's too small.. he has a sponge filter and receives 100% water changes one to two times per day. Also he is alone in the tank. =) I just want to bring him into adulthood faster than he wants to haha

Oh I missed my Little Bill! I admit I did sneak back in here to see how he was doing.

Out of curiosity, when will Bill be big enough for regular foods and peas and things like that? Also, should I do some rounds of prazi? If so, how do I do prazi in a 2.5 G tank. And so nobody gets mad thinking that's too small.. he has a sponge filter and receives 100% water changes one to two times per day. Also he is alone in the tank. =) I just want to bring him into adulthood faster than he wants to haha

You can mush a piece of a very well cooked pea for him. You just have to be careful to give him a teensy bit of it. You are doing a very good job of feeding him. You can also get some Omega One flakes and rub a bit of them between your fingers to make a powder, and feed that.

:birth:birth :birth :birth

:birthdayhap: :birthdayhap: :birthdayhap:

:birth :birth :birth :birth

^ aww I'm showing this to him now =) he totally did a lap around the tank in appreciation

You can mush a piece of a very well cooked pea for him. You just have to be careful to give him a teensy bit of it. You are doing a very good job of feeding him. You can also get some Omega One flakes and rub a bit of them between your fingers to make a powder, and feed that.

Okay =) I'll cook him up a super mushy piece of pea =) He'll be psyched

By that age I was crushing up ProGold into tiny pieces, sort of like what shakaho suggested with the flakes . . .

He's gonna grow like mad being on Big Fish food! :)

Here's a trick for crushing pellets. Get two identical spoons. Place the pellet in one spoon, put the other one over it and press down hard on the top spoon. The pellet will pulverize completely.

I learned that trick from my mother when I was a kid. I absolutely could not swallow a pill. (Actually I still find it difficult to do.) Mom would crush the pill between two spoons, add a little water and some sugar and I got it down.

that's a great idea! I think I may invest in some progold for all my fish. I like nutrafin but if progold is better (and it appears to be) then they should have that!