Fry with issues

BurningIvy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Bill is doing great. I added in a sponge filter today. I think he likes it! The babies seem to be thriving which is a nice change =) and we have had a new set hatch. Not too many but enough to keep me busy I suppose!

He gets a small chunk of frozen (warmed) baby brine shrimp as many times a day as I remember to get it to him. He started on first bites when I first found him but I don't think he liked those so I switched to this and he gobbles 'em all up!

Out of curiosity, when will Bill be big enough for regular foods and peas and things like that? Also, should I do some rounds of prazi? If so, how do I do prazi in a 2.5 G tank. And so nobody gets mad thinking that's too small.. he has a sponge filter and receives 100% water changes one to two times per day. Also he is alone in the tank. =) I just want to bring him into adulthood faster than he wants to haha

Out of curiosity, when will Bill be big enough for regular foods and peas and things like that? Also, should I do some rounds of prazi? If so, how do I do prazi in a 2.5 G tank. And so nobody gets mad thinking that's too small.. he has a sponge filter and receives 100% water changes one to two times per day. Also he is alone in the tank. =) I just want to bring him into adulthood faster than he wants to haha

You can mush a piece of a very well cooked pea for him. You just have to be careful to give him a teensy bit of it. You are doing a very good job of feeding him. You can also get some Omega One flakes and rub a bit of them between your fingers to make a powder, and feed that.

You can mush a piece of a very well cooked pea for him. You just have to be careful to give him a teensy bit of it. You are doing a very good job of feeding him. You can also get some Omega One flakes and rub a bit of them between your fingers to make a powder, and feed that.

Okay =) I'll cook him up a super mushy piece of pea =) He'll be psyched

Here's a trick for crushing pellets. Get two identical spoons. Place the pellet in one spoon, put the other one over it and press down hard on the top spoon. The pellet will pulverize completely.

I learned that trick from my mother when I was a kid. I absolutely could not swallow a pill. (Actually I still find it difficult to do.) Mom would crush the pill between two spoons, add a little water and some sugar and I got it down.