Sign in to follow this  
rainia00

Amquel vs prime?

I was wondering why everybody recommends prime now instead of amquel? :) I have been using amquel and was wondering if I should switch. I do have a lot left though

I read the info on both bottles, and I think the only real difference was that Prime is more concentrated than the Amquel+ and with that, it will last much longer.

You need only 2 drops Prime per gallon of water, or about 1 cap full (5ml) for 50 gallons, while Amquel+ needs to be added at a dose of 25ml per 60 gallons of water.

Having to use 5x the amount of Amquel+, Prime is the product of choice for me considered I have about a couple hundred gallons of water to change every week. :D

Ooohh. Well then I will be making the switch when I run out of amquel to save some $$ :D

Since I haven't personally used Amquel, I can't vouch for or against that one, but I am totally in love with Prime. So... vote for Prime here.

I love prime too. I use about a gallon a year and that costs about $60 for the big bottle. Times that by 5 and ouch.

Im an Amquel user, thats right, I hate the smell of Prime.. :thumb: