Sign in to follow this  
FishMom

100 Gallon, 5 fish, and 1 concerned FishMom.

So, I'm not having a good month. Or, the fish Gods hate me.

I came home yesterday pm from work & the 100 gallon was leaking. The base boards on the wall were bowed, but no visible water draining. A few months back there was a foot wide area like this & I went crazy trying to figure it out. Everything was dry & dusty even all around the tank. So, I thought it was just a air tube that fell behind it and was syphoning a small amount out for about a week.

I'm kinda in survival mode now.... worked all pm draining the 100 gallon & found tiny cracks along one side at the back hidden under an algae patch. The damage is bad & the whole thing is going to be trashed soon... I bought 2 -39 gallon tanks yesterday because I was too nervous worrying about it's strength- before I discovered the damage & came home to find them both cracked. I didn't look close enough in the store b/c I was so excited about 50% off. Stupid.

I just returned them & bought a 29 gallon tonight & am trying to put the stand together & get it going. Trout's going in this for now. They are all in buckets with air pumps now.

The little guys are going in the 10 gallon that I cleaned & filled yesterday and have had running with oneof the big tanks' filters for 24 hrs. I'll move them to Mr Pleco's 20 gallon & put him in the smaller one shortly.

Any tips on how to quikly cycle / control it in the new tanks is appreciated! Mr. Pleco has an AC 110 on his 20 gal from the original big tank, but I'm worried about more bad stuff carried over. I'm going to try to split the seeded filters, and do huge WCs a lot, and have extra prime in. But i'm scared this is going to reverse all the work for so long!

I'll see how they look after they get out the buckets tonight. Just thought I'd update you, so you didn't think I dissapeared at the words "salt dip"! :)

Go out to Walmart and get a couple of Sterilite tubs (20+ gallons), and use them as temporary containers. Hang half of the filters on one, and the other half on the other tub. Trout can go into and the others into the other.

That should keep things going until you can fix things up.

I'm so sorry you are having a crummy month :(

(Now I am really worried about leaks in my tanks.)

Oh no! I'm sorry you have to deal with a leak too!!

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Oh dear! Sorry to hear about your tank. You are doing a fantastic job with Trout. :D