My Reef Tank Photos

tastyworms

Keep in mind it's only about 8 months old and not nearly done yet. I started from scratch with only a bunch of 2x4s, built the stand, etc...

xFzZm.jpg

Bet you guys didn't realize I was a 10 year old girl, :lol.

pRuVN.jpg

fTfy3.jpg

HXVSE.jpg

Before I install the GFCI outlet. I promise there is one there now, you guys are probably not as insistent as other forums about it :).

fRzCx.jpg

Splitting...

mC9Iz.jpg

2mvWw.jpg

68AKO.jpg

4noc5.jpg

u5okZ.jpg

52Cpi.jpg

I should have mounted this one the opposite way, this side of it is kind of sparse.

aHrqe.jpg

Hammer and torch, phone makes the tank look a lot bluer than it is. It's much more white in person.

Poc26.jpg

Turbo snail

I'm happy with the way with the rock formation on the right looks, but the one on the left is going to be rebuilt shortly. I just need a nice rock to center it around which I haven't found yet.

Here's a cleaner shrimp, I've got two of them. This is awhile ago, he's a bit bigger now. Unfortunately, they hardly ever come out when the lights are on. Also got a ton of hermit crabs, but they are fairly shy.

GkFME.jpg

Wow, it is so pretty! Saltwater tanks are a whole new world to me, but I've always thought they were so neat. MAYBE one day, but I would have to really work on my patience skills. :teehee

Thank you :). It's definitely very slow going, but part of that is me. I'm sure there is something I could do to speed things up :).

Love it! I can't wait to get mine set up. Only concern is that you got a mandarin goby too soon. They need Copods to survive.

I've got copepods :). There's a 40 gallon refugium / sump underneath the tank full of chaeto. I waited 8 months to get the goby and I made sure I have nothing else (that I am aware of) that eats pods. I wanted to get him sooner, but I had a flat worm outbreak and they ate a bunch of my pods. So I had to wait til they recovered. I can find pods looking around at night with a magnifying glass. Also, you can seed pods if they get low. My LFS sells bags of live pods in case of emergency.

Nice light set-up. How many bulbs are you using?

Thats 8 x 4 foot long T5 HO lights. I was going to go LED but I like changing out the bulbs for different colors to highlight different things. Now they have cool color changing LEDs, but I still don't buy that they produce as much energy.

• Supporter
Bet you guys didn't realize I was a 10 year old girl, :lol

I had my suspicions. :P

That's really cool. I love saltwater tanks. I want to have one someday, but I don't have the time to learn any new tricks right now. Can't wait to see it's evolution. Thanks for sharing. :)

Oh that is so cool! I KNOW I have admired your tank somewhere else before; I remember some of those pictures!

It's a deep blue, right? How do you find the build quality and that kind of thing with it? Deep blue make some awesome huge shallow tanks that would be awesome for goldfish but I no one I asked at LFSs around here had ever heard of them. That might just be because I'm not on the east coast though.

I'm surprised no one has commented on the big white bucket with FISH written on it, lol.

Didn't notice that until now..lol

What brand is your sump?

Eshopps

Thought so. Was debating to get that one. I went with the one with the Bio Balls. Going to replace the balls with live rock rubble,