Sign in to follow this  
mffeola

API Nexx Canister Filter

Hello everyone!

I was looking around for an affordable canister filter and I came across the API Nexx. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this filter and what you think about it.

Here is a link to the filter. I watched some Youtube videos about it and it seem pretty awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/API-770A-Nexx-Filter/dp/B0056GOO7I/ref=sr_1_26?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1353295525&sr=1-26

Thanks in advance! :fishtank:

It doesn't have great gph but it would be worth a try as an additional filter. I have personally never heard of it before but that price is hard to beat.

i dont have any canisters but i have heard alot of good things about the eheim canisters

I haven't seen good reviews on it until I just looked at that link you posted. TBH it is not worth it's weight in salt as far as I've read.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I do think I am going to try it out as an additional filter to my Aquaclear 70.

Just kidding. I didn't a little more reading and there are just too many complaints to risk it. HOWEVER, I did run into this beauty. I have had good luck with Marineland products in the past and the reviews on this baby are pretty sound. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PC0250HSB-H-O-T-Magnum-55-Gallon/dp/B000260FVQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1353336215&sr=1-1&keywords=Marineland+HOT+Magnum+250+hang-on+canister

Some of the 1 reviews are really discouraging...but maybe you'll have better luck then them. Plus no used canisters as an option?

To add more of my :twocents: I would just say that if you are going for a canister, you're going to have to pay real money for a proper one. They're expensive initially, but as far as many Koko's members are concerned, they're worth it!

I think I'm starting to realize that. I won't need it right off of the bat anyways. I am already getting an Aquaclear 70.