55 gallon done

Hidr

Very nice, angels to me have that incredibly beautiful and incredibly lethal look. lol, not sure why I think that. You have a really green thumb :thumb: your plants look really amazing :)

Fins and all the angels are about the size of saucers. Without fins maybe a tennis ball. I hope they get bigger.

I can't believe I didn't need to add more plants. All of those were in the 30 gallon. I also found my ottos when I did this. All four alive and fat. lol And I have about 6 or so baby guppies. I did not expect that at all. They were hiding in the plants.

Thinking I may add some more ottos later. Hope that well help keep them from hiding all the time.

Yes that is a regular 55 gallon.

I am missing the goldfish too but not all the work to care for them.

I am missing the goldfish too but not all the work to care for them.

i am just curious how the work is different as I've never had tropicals before. Would love to hear your thoughts on this :)

With this tank I can do every 2 weeks 20% water changes. As the tank matures and the plants fill up the tank they act as a natural filter and I well be able to do even less water changes if I like. Once a month is about as little as I can stand. Some people been able to go months but I just can't do that. I can also remove the filters and switch to power heads later so I wont have to clean filters. Or just take the filter media out.

Very light trimmings if I feel the need later on. Don't clean the gravel cause that takes out the gunk the plants need.

This is a balancing act. It takes time and some practice with smaller tanks to get it right. Last two times I did this large of a tank didn't go too well, But I am determined to make this work so I don't have to work so much. It takes time and every tank you set up well be different.

You can read about this type of set up here...http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/el-natural/