Sign in to follow this  
Barnacles

Repashy vs. Pro-Gold

Which is better? I'm looking for a food to basically put my fish on steroids and make them grow really fast.

Which is better? I'm looking for a food to basically put my fish on steroids and make them grow really fast.

Achieving a steady growth rate for your fish is good, but as with humans, it's not good to make them grow really fast.

Pro-Gold and Repashy have different strengths (and weaknesses). They are not meant to replace one another, but to complement. :)

Both together will give you the growth you want along with bright coloration/more nutrition they need for growing. Since I started mixing there is already a noticeable difference in my Oranda's fin growth and color. (I can visibly see the growth in her fins just by looking at her. There is lots of new-growth edging on them!) I would recommend adding a supplement of frozen (not freeze dried) bloodworms weekly, too. They give great protein and are a favorite among goldfish.

Edited by GoldenSpoiledRotten

Both and don't forget the frozen insects just make sure to unfreeze them first. lol

I haven't tried Repashy or any other Goldfish food, but after feeding my two Ryukins, I can see the color enhancement pretty clearly. The oranges on my Calico Ryukins are much richer than before, and the dark shades are also very niceticable compared to 1 week earlier. The red spots on my red and white ryukins are also very bright and red, compared to the pale colors when I first got him. I haven't noticed any growth change, since it has only been a week, but I'm excited to see how fast my goldies grow. Overall, Pro-Gold is recommended as daily pellet, but I also feed my fish spinach and other greens as well.

You could feed both but if you really want them to grow fast the most important factor is water quality...then everything else =)

Right now I can only get one at a time, do you recommend that I get Repashy or Pro Gold first? And which Repashy?

Right now I can only get one at a time, do you recommend that I get Repashy or Pro Gold first? And which Repashy?

Does your fish have any hint at all of floatiness? If not, go for the Pro-Gold first.

For Repashy, get the soilent green.

Does your fish have any hint at all of floatiness? If not, go for the Pro-Gold first.

For Repashy, get the soilent green.

]

No hint of floaties. Thank you for answering my question! I will go for the Pro Gold