Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Repashy

I would like opinions on which type of Repashy to order from our wonderful sponsor Tasty Worms (using my credit from Helen for becoming a subscriber :heart).

I have soilent green and have plenty of it. My fish are only 12, 14, and 21 grams so they've got some growing to do, hopefully! They range in age from about 6 months to, I'm guessing 1 1/2-2 years.

Suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Spawn and Grow maybe then? IDK, haven't tried it, but seems logical if you want growth. :) I think it's only a supplemental one though. Hopefully someone with more repashy know-how comes along. :)

I think Spawn & Grow is a good choice, and I make this 1 time for every 3 times I make soilent green. This one is much easier on the nose, compared to soilent green, although it's not something to want to put on a scratch and sniff sticker :rofl

Community Plus and Super Green are OK, too, but soilent green is better.

Meat Pie is another option for a supplemental feeding, but Spawn & Grow is better.

Scratch n sniff :rofl

Do you feed it in addition to soilent green then, not in place of it, right? I've been feeding SG, ProGold, then SG again at night. I would replace an occasional SG with spawn and grow?

The smell of SG doesn't bother me. I have kids. I've smelled MUCH worse. (Not my kids themselves but what would come out of one end or the other during illnesses! :yikes )

:rofl

I also feed a combo of Pro-Gold and Repashy. Most of the time, I give the PG/SG, but for every 3 batches of SG, I will make 1 batch of Spawn & Grow and feed that in place of the soilent green.

I do this because it's just to give them some nice nutrients that aren't in SG, but according to Repashy, it shouldn't be a staple. So I do it pretty much 1 week each month. There has been no issue with floatiness, even when I switch to Spawn & Grow for that week. :)

A little late to the party, and I think you may have already placed an order. But, I concur with Dnalex. The high fat content in Spawn and Grow is designed to fatten fish up for breeding. My understanding is that it would also work to add some growth if used sparingly. It's also approved for use with fry to give rapid growth, so I think as a "protein shake" type supplement here and there it would be good to bulk the fish up.

I haven't placed my order yet. Probably in the next day or two.

Doesn't protein also help with Ryukin hump growth? We could definitely use some help in that department! :)

Doesn't protein also help with Ryukin hump growth? We could definitely use some help in that department! :)

Blood worms and Pro-Gold :)

I said protein as an example, because humans like to drink protein shakes to "bulk up." In retrospect, it was a confusing example :rofl. Spawn and grow and Soilent Green have the same amount of protein. Spawn is higher in fat though. If you want extra protein, Meat Pie is the way to go.

So to sum things up:

Soilent Green: Staple for Goldfish

Super Green: Staple for vegans, 10% less protein.

Meat Pie: Staple for meat eaters, 10% more protein.

Spawn and Grow: Used to raise fry and prepare adult females for breeding. Higher in fat than all others.

Edited by tastyworms

The only thing I would add to that is this:

Spawn & Grow: Intermittent booster for adults.

are we still talking fish? :rofl :rofl

Oh Helen! This is a family friendly forum. Please keep it clean! :rofl

I want them to grow, including the ruin hump . . . :idont

Im so confused :tomuch:

Hehehe! Hahaha! I swear Stakos if I'm thinking it I can count on you to say it.