Sign in to follow this  
kENNY220

Yet another.

I'm such a bad kid. xD

I went about my stalk-shopping[my friend & parents CONFLICT like crazy about spending money so we hide from each other while we're shopping. xD ] in WM to get him today after debating it for a little while:

Meet Radiation[i'm extremely interested in everything power, just lack the ability to do any of it as a career for lots of reasons]!

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Since I didn't have an open dedicated betta tank, I decided instead of putting him in a 1gal right away[i don't like incredibly small tanks ... my smallest running tank is a 5gal[tho there's 3 of those]], I'd "risk" putting him in with Tsubaki and Predator[who you can see in the second pic], my goldies.

He is beautiful! I would try to get him into his own tank though, bettas and goldfish together is usually not a good idea. Bettas require temperatures of 80F and up, which on the long run is too warm for goldfish.

A 5 gallon tank would be lovely for the betta, as soon as you can get a small heater for it. I saw that Petsmart now carry their own version of the Theo Hydor mini heater. I got the T.H. in my 5g and it is just perfect!

The Top Fin version is very cheap, let me go find it.... here http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12264883&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

The 7.5 watt heater is perfect for a 5 gallon tank, especially when you place it near the filter for proper distribution of the warm water, and it only costs $ 13 :)

He's really nice looking. Fang makes a good point, having them together could cause problems down the road. Plus, it looks like you are growing some really healthy plants. Why not get the five gallon and try your hand at a planted tank. Bettas love them! Then you can nurture a nice healthy case of MTS (multiple tank syndrome). Good luck with them. :)

He's gorgeous. Hopefully you can get him in his own tank soon. Don't want him picking on your goldies! :)

Very Handsome guy :) I can only agree with the other comments he will be much better off in his own tank and your goldfish will be happier too :)

Haha, very familiar with multiple tank syndrome[have 8 tanks] and that bettas really shouldn't be in with goldies, but haven't quite had the option to debate without setting up like a 1gal right now which makes less sense then putting him in a cycled, planted, filtered 20 gallon tank. I was actually thinking about adopting my copper SD, Pigeon, my purple/red Cambodian VT, Mutation and Thor, my blue/pink/orange dalmatian VT out[i'd still have 9 bettas total including the FM in the 55gal].

That would let me move my yellow/black/blue/purple VT, kV[kiloVolt] into the 4 gallon section of the 20gL that Pigeon had and put Radiation in the 5galFBH and finally get a much awaited dwarf puffer for my 5.5gal.

Fang, thanks for telling me about those heaters! The 5s REALLY could use new ones. xD

cool little dude.. congratulations :)

Thanks! I love your sig! haha

I had plans to move him as soon as I was free of the hospital, but I got home and noticed he's not scared of the goldfish or vice versa, there's no harrasing, biting, hurting, etc. going on, so I might not even worry about it. I'm not worried about the water temp because, TBH, the 5s aren't any warmer[meaning those heaters *HAVE* finally failed after 4 years] and those bettas are fine. As long as he gets along with everyone, I don't think there will be an issue. With that said, my goldies are growing and with the eventual size, IDW them eating/hurting him. xD