My tank is a maternity ward =/

BurningIvy

Okay, what I've done is taken little bill out and into a cup of his own filthy tank water and dumped out the old water. Added in the water from main tank and put in the heater. When it gets to a reasonable temp I will add bill back and hope to God he lives.

Main tank is absolutely perfect params. I just did a 90% change this after noon.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my godson!!!! I love little bill!

Survival of the fittest? :idont. Or something along those lines?

Half in one day? There's more going I would think then that. Dang I thought if ya just called his name, Alex would appear like Superman and save the day. Maybe moving this to the 911 section would be good.

Edited by smegypsiren

If it helps, I'm so jittery, but Bill seems to be fine. He's still all mobile. Don't picture him leaning to one side hyperventilating. The dude is tough. Remember how he started out? He was planted on a log, removed from the tank, rinsed under hot water, put into a new tank, nearly eaten by a pleco, watched his brothers die, and now is living in grotesque waters. The man is tough =D

If it helps, I'm so jittery, but Bill seems to be fine. He's still all mobile. Don't picture him leaning to one side hyperventilating. The dude is tough. Remember how he started out? He was planted on a log, removed from the tank, rinsed under hot water, put into a new tank, nearly eaten by a pleco, watched his brothers die, and now is living in grotesque waters. The

man is tough =D

Holy cats! I missed all that, gawd! Of coarse he's tough as nails, he takes after his godmom :D I really really wish you'd get a thred started in 911.

Oh I didn't realize I needed a new thread haha sorry. I've just been sitting here ignoring that oops

Oh I guess in your blind panic you didnt notice I MENTIONED IT 3 TIMES oh lord what a day :tomuch:

I just looked at the who's online box and I know why no one has responded. None of the people who have successfully raised fry (as far as I know) are online right now. I think I will just add Bill into the fresh water after the water reaches 76F and see how we look in the morning. No sense in worrying ourselves all night.

Yeah it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm so tired my eyelashes hurt. I was just going.to bed when this flustercluck happened. Maybe the cup you have him in is too thick to warm up idk. I've got everything crossed everythings ok in the morning. Kiss little Bill goodnight for me.

Most people who raise fry do 100% daily water changes. That being that the fry's development is so sensitive that poor water quality will drop them fast. They don't have strong immune systems so small things that don't affect adult fish can affect them. To keep the water pristine you siphon the excess food and waste after feeding them but you still need to do the water change. pH and temp need to be stable, nitrates need to be kept low. When changing the water you don't want to cause too much current so pouring it slowly in an isolated area (or through a funnel) can help. Doing two back to back 50% water changes can give you the same effect if you are nervous about siphoning them up. Another option is to catch them while the water level is low and place them in a new container.

There is a learning curve to raising fry just like there is to raising goldfish :)

Edit: Water params in a 2.5 gallon are going to get foul fast, if you are having trouble keeping up with it maybe move them to a larger 10 gal container :)

Edited by bodoba