Do Goldfish Prefer Ponds?

Shannon1

Hi Koko! No problem, 300 gal is plenty, let me know how I can help with designs etc. The better the filtration, the better off they will be.

A wise aquarist once said: "I look after the water, the fish take care of themselves"

Edited by Lillee

• Admin

Hi Koko! No problem, 300 gal is plenty, let me know how I can help with designs etc. The better the filtration, the better off they will be

Awesome it wont be until Spring after the baby (mine) is born... then I will picking yours and shakaho brain's on a pond... The two fish will be part ornada, fantail fish. So I dont know if they would be able ot handle the winter... I hope they will or I will have to set up the 50 gallon tank for winter time... :(

Yeah I have mild winters here. But it's one reason why I have fast moving commons rather than fancies. Also I've always been worried about the local Kingfisher bird populations making a meal of less agile fish!

Edited by Lillee

Thanks Sharkbait! haha nice nickname!

I really love them a lot. I find myself just sitting there watching them after a long day at work. When friends and family come to see them it changes their perception of what common goldfish are truly like... they can and are beautiful fish...

Your goldfish will love the pond. I have a large pond and put 100 small feeder goldfish in it over 10 years ago. Now they’re 16+ inches long. Last year I added 12 koi 8+ inches long. They like the space.

The cold water doesn’t bother them. Living in Wisconsin the pond is covered with ice for most of the winter.

Edited by nick11380