Sign in to follow this  
alvintran1998

I've just ordered Pro-Gold for my fish.

So I've just ordered a 20oz package of Pro-Gold for my goldfish from Goldfish Connection earlier today, and it costed me $23.99 in total including shipping (the shipping I think is kind of high). So I just want to get some experiences and thoughts of those who have or are using Pro-Gold or any other goldfish food. Feel free to chime in.

What would you like to know? It's fantastic food, and can/should be used as a staple. However, as with any other commercial pellets, you do need to be careful not to overfeed, to feed veggies daily as well if you can, and to fast at least one day a week. This is to ensure that there won't be any digestive issues cropping up in the future.

I will admit that i feed progold 2x a day everyday and have no problems with it. My fish have grown sooooo much on it!

I just want to know your experience with the food (maybe compared to others on the market). And your opinion of it.

I have tried a bunch of different foods before and after progold. I just keep going back to it. I even feed it to my oscar and BN plecos. I personally will never switch to another pellet again.

Someone yesterday (or two days ago) was asking about the same question as you. He/she was also wondering about two other brand names. I can't remember the person's name?? You can try to find him/her because others have given their advice.

I personally haven't tried Progold because we have to order it and I'm not really interested in paying the shipping cost when I know there is still good gf food readily available to buy at a petstore. I recently bought New Life Spectrum Pellets (5.3oz) at PetCo. It has protein, vitamins, veggies. It was about $11.00 and is awesome. I love it. I think it is a great quality food. My fish also eat the Hikari brand, brine shrimp, and the Omega One Pellets. I mostly give them the New Life Spectrum but do give them a variety of the others along with peas once a week. I love it all.