Sign in to follow this  
cathys

aquaripure filter anyone have this ?

i'm doing research on filters. i have two 350biowheels on my 75 gal tank with 4 goldies ( 3 oranda and one black moor) that

range from 4" to 8".

I am considering the aquaripure filter and wondering if anyone is using this ?

I have not heard of them before. But I took a look & they seem pricey (Too Me).

I really like my Aquaclear filters...I like that I can sit them up to fit my needs & they work great. My weekly water changes keep the water chemistry under control & my water always fresh.

I'm sure others will pop in & have more info for you though!

Nitrate filters seem like a very idea, and I was going to the invest the money in one. Then I realized:

- nitrate filters do not replace the other types or filters

- that's yet another system, and this one you have to feed regularly.

- it works pretty nicely, it seems, but plants do a much better job, and are much cheaper and prettier.

- water changes are better too, and accomplish more than just reducing nitrates. It removes other compounds from the aquarium, like heavy metals.

:)

I have never heard of that brand of filter, but I have a list of a few you could look into that we find popular here at Koko's.

• Marineland Penguin or Emperor (HOB)
  • Hagen AquaClear(HOB)
  • Aqueon Quietflow(HOB)
  • Eheim Canister (Pricey but there are many benefits to a canister)
  • Fluval Canister (Also Pricey but as I said above there are many benefits to a canister)

From just reading the website for Aquipure I wouldn't trust what they are saying about "Reducing the need of water changes" with their filter. You are always going to need to do water changes weekly to keep a tank full of goldfish healthy, IMO. (Of course being here you probably already know that!) The way they talk about it seems so sketchy to me... :peeka

I personally would recommend Marineland filters. They make a tough job of filtering a goldfish tank look easy and their maintenance is always simple. Plus, the biowheels definitely help aerate the water.

i was running in my old tank Jebo canister filters.. el cheapo's.. but they held good for 2 years and i sold the entire set up 1.5 years ago.. dude tells me they're still working like clockwork..

now i have elcheapos again.. sunsun with built in UV's.. running like clockwork 1.5 years on.. no problems.

some members experience loads of problems with canisters. i've never had problems with them. i so prefer their quietness and i don't find cleaning them a bother at all.

the filter you ask about, i have not heard of.

thanks for the input. the aquaripure also suggests using ro water to top off and then do a monthly change 35%.

yes they are pricey. i have a rena 3 basket i'm going to add in with the penguin filters. i have a problem where i

clean too much and the cycle crashes. not sure why but the water/filter get really stinky. have a feeling it's the veggies i

give every day. pollutes the water pretty good. but it works to keep the swim bladder working properly. rain garden

suggested i feed the pellets in am and veggies in evening with occasional fruit. so far it's been working well. they really

love the broccoli and i've never heard that mentioned.

I am skeptical of anything that claims to reduce the need for water changes. A 35% water change monthly is just not adequate for goldfish. Even if it removes nitrate, the filter cannot remove other things that build up in the water over time that we don't test for. This is why a weekly water change is so important even when your water parameters are good.

THANKS TITHRA....I APPRECIATE THE INPUT !

:clapping:

The only thing that helped reduce the time my tank water took to show nitrates was adding extro filter and plants. I still need to do a weekly water change of about 50 percent, and a monthly super clean though. Befor I was doing a waterchange and a clean each week. I added a small internal filter, kept my 2 hobs, and 3 large bamboo plants. I also decreased my feedings, from 3-5 down to 1-3 a day.