Hikari, Pro-Gold or Omega One?

alvintran1998

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know if I've noticed much color difference but the growth rate can be rather impressive!

I don't think I take enough pics to notice color change . . .

One of the reasons I like Pro-Gold is that it didn't mess with the colors of the fish, and I don't believe I observed any sort of color changes, either.

Hmmm, I think a lot of people told me that the food enhances fish's colors drastically. =/

That's most likely Repashy. You wouldn't believe how bright colors get on that stuff. ProGold though... let's just say my fish is a little over double the size she was in July of this year.

Hmmm, I think a lot of people told me that the food enhances fish's colors drastically. =/

That's most likely Repashy. You wouldn't believe how bright colors get on that stuff. ProGold though... let's just say my fish is a little over double the size she was in July of this year.

Wow, thats a lot of growth in a short amkunt of time. How big yours then and now? Im excited to see how much my fish get. Would definitely document it.

Wow, thats a lot of growth in a short amkunt of time. How big yours then and now? Im excited to see how much my fish get. Would definitely document it.

She's a little over three inches now, I believe. It's been at least a week or two since I measured her. I've actually been using Repashy with ground-up ProGold in it as food lately, but to get her this big she ate straight ProGold and veggies.

Several of my fish have had impressive growth while eating Omega One. I'm very interested to see if there will be any hange when the are on Pro-Gold

What is hange, Shawn? :o

(Did you type your post on an autocorrecting device? :rofl)

I prefer pro gold but right now I am finishing off some Omega One. It has not caused any color issues or floating problems with my goldfish. They only get it once a day the other two feedings are blood worms, prongs and such....

I changed from tetra gold japan to new life spectrum and it has made a huge difference. If I only gave one soaked tetra pellet my fish would float quite badly for hours but I can feed six new life spectrum pellets with no floatiness at all. This is my favourite food out of all of the ones I have tried out.

Ive been using progold on my fish for about two years now. They have done amazing on it. I once switched to omega one because it was way less expensive but it gave my fish massive floating issues...even the fish that never floated before.

Several of my fish have had impressive growth while eating Omega One. I'm very interested to see if there will be any hange when the are on Pro-Gold

What is hange, Shawn? :o

(Did you type your post on an autocorrecting device? :rofl)

No, that was an "I don't have autocorrect" error! :rofl I was using my Nook. It's a little hard to type on. :oops:

Quick question. I've been feeding my fish Pro-gold since yesterday, and it seems like they love it. The only small issue I have with it is that since it's a sinking pellet, it sinks to the bottom really quickly, and there are a couple of times my fish either didn't see the pellet, or missed it, so the pellet sinks right down to the gravel, and stays there. I'm not sure if my fish are going to eat it later or not, but I'm worried that the uneaten food will pollute my water quality, etc. Does anybody have any suggestion, or is anyone else experiencing this?

It'll be OK. They will hunt for them. However, make sure you do a really good job with gravel vacuuming each week.

and we want the food to sink anyway don't we? I let my new life spectrum pellets (or any food for that matter) soak in 1/4 cup of fish water before feeding it to them.

It'll be OK. They will hunt for them. However, make sure you do a really good job with gravel vacuuming each week.

and we want the food to sink anyway don't we? I let my new life spectrum pellets (or any food for that matter) soak in 1/4 cup of fish water before feeding it to them.

Yes, we definitely want them to sink. Soaking is a good idea, but don't soak them for too long. NLS are very hard, so even 30-45 seconds is OK. I wouldn't go longer than that, though.

Yes, we definitely want them to sink. Soaking is a good idea, but don't soak them for too long. NLS are very hard, so even 30-45 seconds is OK. I wouldn't go longer than that, though.

Thanks. I've been letting them soak for about a minute. I'll shorten the time a tiny bit. :) Sometimes I might just wait until the pellets sink in my measuring cup then I'll give to the fish. (I bet that takes about your time dnalex :) )

I've found, especially with new fish who have most likely been fed flakes at the store, that it may take a while for them to catch on to the whole sinking food thing. But not long as we all know what oinkers GF can be! Give them a few days, they'll be grabbing it before it hits the tank bottom! :rofl

Out of those three, Pro-Gold is the best. You could buy it from www.goldfishconnection.com. Repashy Soilent Green is really good too. Personally, I feed my goldfish any flake/pellet with at least 40% protein. I usually get 45% though.

I got the Pro-Gold today, and the fish liked it, but it set of a lot of slurping at the top of the tank. Is that normal?

Yes, if it's for about an hour or so after feeding. I was told that this is due to the thin film of food/oil residue left on the surface, which attracts the fish. :)

FF1, I'm not sure that I really believe that theory, but I guess it's plausible.

I do know that some of my fish will do this after a meal for about an hour or so, and they will go back to their favorite activity: looking for food on the tank bottom :)