Sign in to follow this  
vwashbur

Seaweed Salad

Today I found Seaweed Salad at the pet store and I picked a few sheets up. Has anyone tried this? Do goldfish do with with it? It says "For all fresh and salt omnivores" so I assumed goldfish could have it.

It looks like this:

seaweed.jpg

Its only ingredient is natural dried seaweed. And goldfish are listed as fish that can have it on the back of the package. I just wondered if anyone here had any success with it.

Just make sure you soak it first... When I put it right in the tank with Charlie he ate the whole thing in one bite and then he had the floats.. :o

Fed as it is, or torn into strips, my goldfish munch it, then spit it out. Then munch it, then spit it out. Then.......

You get the idea. And it turns to bits and makes a mess.

Mixed into gel food, it is eaten up real quick.

I'd probably break it up into like 2x2" pieces and put it in a feeding cone, so the fish would be forced to eat it slowly, giving the food time to soak in tank water :)

Well its been sitting there a few minutes and they wont touch it :( Looks like its not a big hit

I've seen that before and was tempted to try it but never did. Guess I'll hold off. . . .

Sorry they don't like it. Maybe they'll eat it if you try again another day? Kinda like toddlers--sometimes it takes a few tries? :idont

Sometimes it takes a bit before they even know it is food. I would definitely try again another day.

Sometimes they need time to get over a nex texture. Then realise they can eat it!

Fede bought a bunch from Goldfish Connection. I can't remember if she said they were a hit or not though :(