Hercules is turning in to my problem fish, bottom sitting all the time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Do you know what is wrong with him Koko? I forgot to mention his poop this morning. It was very stringy again. There was a very long thread of it that was attached to the heater.

Is he constipated?

Im thinking that hes becoming a sinker hun... He doesnt want to be on the bottom, he wants to swimm. I want to boost his body with as much Vit C as we can.. Also Garlic of we can.... So when you make the food hun.. can you add some Garlic to the food, I mean like a teaspoon and a half if you can... :)

Just made my first batch (I only made a small batch!) the next batch I make I will add some garlic. Oh poor Hercules :( will he be OK as a sinking fish? Also I would really like to return him to the main tank at some point, will this be possible?

Can I feed him some of the Repashy I just made (without garlic?)

Oh my poor boy! :(

Edited by U.K. Becs

• Admin

Just made my first batch (I only made a small batch!) the next batch I make I will add some garlic. Oh poor Hercules :( will he be OK as a sinking fish? Also I would really like to return him to the main tank at some point, will this be possible?

Can I feed him some of the Repashy I just made (without garlic?)

Oh my poor boy! :(

I would rather you feed it with the garlic hun, or maybe soak it in garlic juice :thumb:

Putting him back at some point my be possible, but lets try and get his sytem back to normal :)

• Admin

Since feeding it he has been non stop! :)

Swimming all over, not just skimming the bottom, he has been doing some up and down vertical swimming and spending some time near the top. Is this just a coincidence?

He might be feeling better... Kinda like when we have a cold and you start to feel better after a while... Keep it up, dont for get the orange too :)

• Admin

Will do! How often should I be feeding him? Once or twice a day? Is it ok to feed the orange everyday too? :)

Feed the gel food two times if he will eat it hun and the orange every day :) For the next 5 days, i want to boost that immune system :thumb:

Hi Koko! :D

Hercules has been pretty active all day! :) He still sits occasionally, but he is also quite swimmy! :) His colours look brighter though. Mmmm, I can't explain it but he looks more orange, more vibrant!

So far today he has demolished a segment of satsuma and two pieces of garlic Repashy! I am going to feed him his secound round of Repashy in a couple of hours.

I changed 50% of the water, we are still at .1% salt, is this still ok?

• Admin

Hi Koko! :D

Hercules has been pretty active all day! :) He still sits occasionally, but he is also quite swimmy! :) His colours look brighter though. Mmmm, I can't explain it but he looks more orange, more vibrant!

So far today he has demolished a segment of satsuma and two pieces of garlic Repashy! I am going to feed him his secound round of Repashy in a couple of hours.

I changed 50% of the water, we are still at .1% salt, is this still ok?

How is his fins??

• Admin

It's really hard to see....................................................... I think they are still a tiny bit red on the ends....................

Yes after closer inspection they are red at the ends. :(

Ok lets do a 100% water change no salt... then tomorrow do the same thing :) Dont clean the filter at all hun

100% water change done! So quick and easy to change 100% of the water on this tank. :) Phew!

That's brought Hercules to life. It's like someone recharged his batteries! :) He looks so shiny! :)

I :heart this fish with ALL my :heart:wub:

Thank you for helping me with him Koko! :bighug

• Admin

100% water change done! So quick and easy to change 100% of the water on this tank. :) Phew!

That's brought Hercules to life. It's like someone recharged his batteries! :) He looks so shiny! :)

I :heart this fish with ALL my :heart:wub:

Thank you for helping me with him Koko! :bighug

Hey thats what friends are for and the site.... Lets see how hes doing tomorrow... Good work hun :)