Sign in to follow this  
kiesha

How Long Do You Guys

soak your baby shrimp from tetra ? I bought my little ones some today and was curious. thanks

Ive never tried the baby shrimp! Ive only used the krill which I had to break into pieces. Either way just soak it through till its nice and soft. You can kind of squish it a little with your fingers to help it absorb more water. It feels kind of gross to do that though!!

for my two fancies, i try to stay away from those types of dehydrated snacks. just to be on the safe side of sbd, you know? ;)

as for my comet (lurch is 8-9 inches long), heck, anything goes! every once in a while i treat him to a full grown feeder cricket or two! i know it sounds crazy but, he loooves them! :lol:

o toothless I would be so scared to go buy a cricket. those things terrify me !

so the dehydrated foods are not good ? makes sense ! thanks

My oranda that has floating problems, can eat freeze dried krill (soaked until soft in water) and not float. She can only eat a few things without floating and the krill is one of them.

I think if it is soaked until soft, it shouldn't pose a problem.

o toothless I would be so scared to go buy a cricket. those things terrify me !

so the dehydrated foods are not good ? makes sense ! thanks

keisha,

they do look sort of menacing, huh? on a very small scale though. :rofl

im not trying to say that that dehydrated "live" foods are necessarily bad. just that i dont like the idea of feeding my fancies food with possible "air pockets" in them. wynkin is right though. as long as they are soaked pretty well, all should be fine. ;)

Edited by toothless

I soaked them pretty good and they seemed to love them. I see those crickets in the pet stores and I cringe at the thought of one of them getting on me