Meet Nelly & Norman the

With everyone going on and on about their snails I had to share mine ;) I've had them(i have two) for a while now and they do tend to hide very well ;) this guy was out and about tending the anubias ;) so I snapped a shot :)

title418100374.png

Thanks for looking :)

Cute! And everyone says only the small nerites can clean off the plant leaves. This little guy is out to prove them wrong, lol! :flex:

I am actually quite sure that normal nerites can do it easily. My big mystery snails crawl all over the leaves of my java ferns, aponogeton, amazon sword, crypt and anubias with no problems.

For plants with smaller or thinner leaves a horned nerite probably is better, but most of us have the hardier plants in our goldfish tanks :D

Thanks everyone :)

I would guess these guys are a bit smaller than a dime right now,they mostly are found among the plants or on the tip top of the tank ;) The goldfish do not seem to be interested in them really, I would love to have the horned variety but can not find them in my area as of yet ;)

Nice picture, Shelly! Zebra nerites are so pretty and neat to watch. :)

Cute! And everyone says only the small nerites can clean off the plant leaves. This little guy is out to prove them wrong, lol! :flex:

I am actually quite sure that normal nerites can do it easily. My big mystery snails crawl all over the leaves of my java ferns, aponogeton, amazon sword, crypt and anubias with no problems.

For plants with smaller or thinner leaves a horned nerite probably is better, but most of us have the hardier plants in our goldfish tanks :D

Exactly. The horned nerites can get on leaves that the bigger zebras can't. If a tank is full of anubias, the bigger nerites are fine. But I have crypts and java fern, and the horned nerites are great for those. :)

I ordered my horned nerites on ebay.

Thanks everyone :)

I would guess these guys are a bit smaller than a dime right now,they mostly are found among the plants or on the tip top of the tank ;) The goldfish do not seem to be interested in them really, I would love to have the horned variety but can not find them in my area as of yet ;)

I'm pretty sure the goldies think snails are moving rocks.

I seriously see my goldies give my nerite suspicious glances. They do double takes when it's on the glass hahaha!