Sign in to follow this  
CoralPeachy

Tetra Sinking Pellets

I feed my goldfish soaked Gold Japan Tetra mini sticks (they're just pellets) and was wondering if it was a good food. I know that Pro Gold is the best but I can't get that or repashy either.Thank you!

This form of pellet should not be the only thing you feed your fish. Now it certainly is better than nothing, as it contains some decent ingredients, but it's lacking a lot of natural fruit extracts, veggies, algae, garlic, spirulina, various anti-parasitic agents, and potentially contains more fillers, preservatives, artificial ingredients, flavor enhancers, and so on... If you were to feed your fish just that, you would need to supplement them with extra forms of nutrients and fiber. Which can be done with thawed out deshelled peas, blanched spinach, carrots, green beans, zucchini, and sparsley give treats like small bits of apple, orange, kiwi, and other frutis, along with brine shrimp and bloodworms. The key is to provide a varied diet, with adequate fiber.

If pro-gold or repashy isn't available, how about New life Spectrum? And how about ordering your food online? You can get all 3 of those online.

Edited by JouteiMike

I feed my goldfish soaked Gold Japan Tetra mini sticks (they're just pellets) and was wondering if it was a good food. I know that Pro Gold is the best but I can't get that or repashy either.Thank you!

Hey there you can get Repashy imported online to the uk from http://tastyworms.co...s.search&page=4 takes about a week and abit Edited by FlipsHere

I have started a thread in the UK section, for any members who are interested in getting some Repashy in the UK. :)

Thanks for all of your help! I do feed my fish Spinach, peas, algae wafers and other stuff like that too. It's not that I can't get the repashy but my mum won't allow me to because she is a bit funny about my fishy things and wouldn't want the repashy in the microwave. Does pro-gold ship to the uk then? Thanks again :)

Edited by CoralPeachy

This form of pellet should not be the only thing you feed your fish. Now it certainly is better than nothing, as it contains some decent ingredients, but it's lacking a lot of natural fruit extracts, veggies, algae, garlic, spirulina, various anti-parasitic agents, and potentially contains more fillers, preservatives, artificial ingredients, flavor enhancers, and so on... If you were to feed your fish just that, you would need to supplement them with extra forms of nutrients and fiber. Which can be done with thawed out deshelled peas, blanched spinach, carrots, green beans, zucchini, and sparsley give treats like small bits of apple, orange, kiwi, and other frutis, along with brine shrimp and bloodworms. The key is to provide a varied diet, with adequate fiber.

If pro-gold or repashy isn't available, how about New life Spectrum? And how about ordering your food online? You can get all 3 of those online.

Do pro gold and new life spectrum have anti-parasitic agents in them because my fish have never had parasites but I would like to do everything I can to prevent it!

You dont have to put the Repashy in the microwave just boil some water in it and add repashy after.. at 3 parts water 1 part powder

You dont have to put the Repashy in the microwave just boil some water in it and add repashy after.. at 3 parts water 1 part powder

I didn't know that. I'll start trying to persuade her and tell her that I will buy my own saucepan!

You can't buy food with anti-parasitics in it, I don't think. Those have to be bought as medicines, like Prazi for example.

You can't buy food with anti-parasitics in it, I don't think. Those have to be bought as medicines, like Prazi for example.

You can indeed find medicated antiparasite foods. Jungle has some, but it is difficult to find. Goldfish utopia also has a gel food that is antiparasite.

I prefer to make my own, because I have all the ingredients, and because I like to do it. However, you could definitely buy some, if you are in the US.

So should I get new life spectrum? I can't find anywhere that shows all of the ingredients but I could get it if you think it is better than the food I have now

So should I get new life spectrum? I can't find anywhere that shows all of the ingredients but I could get it if you think it is better than the food I have now

http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=60

Scroll down and it lists all the ingredients. The "anti-parasitic" ingredients I was referring to is their garlic (Allium Sativum) with the Thera-A formulas, which contain the natural anti-parasitic properties. There are plenty other food/medicine that are meant purely for anti-parasitic though, as mentioned.

I recommend trying it. Or trying Pro-Gold or Repashy Soilent Green, if you can get it online.

http://nlsfishfood.c...id=12&Itemid=60

Scroll down and it lists all the ingredients. The "anti-parasitic" ingredients I was referring to is their garlic (Allium Sativum) with the Thera-A formulas, which contain the natural anti-parasitic properties. There are plenty other food/medicine that are meant purely for anti-parasitic though, as mentioned.

I recommend trying it. Or trying Pro-Gold or Repashy Soilent Green, if you can get it online.

Thank you!