Sign in to follow this  
goldylove

importing soilent green? attention aussies!

just wondering if any fellow aussies have bought soilent green off ebay or by other online means? i was about to buy some on ebay from the u.s & a quarantine warning came up. considering the contents of the product i was curious if anyone has successfully imported it or has it been confiscated? cheers :D

Narny and Stakos have both bought some before, they were each successfully able to get it into the country with no problems. Hopefully they will be able to tell you more. :)

I think when it comes to importing Soilent Green it all comes down to how it is declared on the quarantine form, certain declarations merit more attention nowadays. I know if you buy something from China and it is declared solely as a 'gift' chances are it will be confiscated -- I've heard this is how Customs is cracking down on counterfeit goods from South East Asia.

interesting... slightly off-topic but i thought there may have been a problem importing medication/chemicals but i obtained maroxy from the u.s without issue. think it was labelled as "pet product" or something? got some maracyn 2 on it's way from there as well. we'll see if that one gets thru! still can't find anywhere that will supply these metro meds to australia but will keep looking. i'm pretty sure the base drug is available from thailand on ebay so you could make your own metro meds if it got thru customs.

i suppose if its pet food then it would be processed & manufactured in a way that would destroy any kind of biological hazard or threat? who knows, but hopefully someone can verify by what means they got theirs as i'm keen to try it out. thanks!

Maroxy isn't really a medication. I'm really sorry to say, but it's the biggest scam product out there. I have not found this product to be of any use, and have a 5 year old bottle sitting here collecting dust :(

Maroxy isn't really a medication. I'm really sorry to say, but it's the biggest scam product out there. I have not found this product to be of any use, and have a 5 year old bottle sitting here collecting dust :(

Just continuing the off topic but HOLY COW not even the FDA could stamp it safe for use OR effective. I see no reason to ADD chloride to your tank whatsoever or how that would in any way treat any of the diseases or condition that they state it can cure.

yeah i was kind of in a panic when i bought it. it was before i discovered the wonders & knowledge of kokos! haven't actually used it & once i got it i realised it wasn't the product i wanted anyway. looks like mine will collect dust also unless i fob it off in a lot sale of all my excess fish stuff i bought then realised it was the wrong thing/too small/too noisy! lol

From what I understand, Australia has some of the toughest customs departments.

Vague declaration is probably your best bet, if it's a controlled/restricted product.

I would probably also avoid anything shipped from china, there are lots of illicit products coming out of china.

Yep, Stakos and myself have successfully ordered and received repashy soilent green on two occasions off of ebay :) The food comes in letter form (even at 16oz) and is labelled as 'pet supplies'. The thread Stakos made when she received some explains it all http://www.kokosgold...y-usa-purchase/

You can either order the 8oz or the one up (I think it is the 16oz) as both should successfully make it to your location :D I have only ordered the 8oz, but kindly received a free upgrade since they were out- they are very nice people! You could try and order larger, but I am not sure whether or not you will successfully receive it.

Here is where Stakos and myself bought it from: http://www.ebay.com....=item416c70a38e

Good luck! :D

The only thing I haven't successfully received is an aquaclear 20 off of amazon . I found they are a lot cheaper to order off of amazon, since an aquaclear 70 here sells for over $100 in stores, when it is around $40 online, however a 70 won't ship at all (you get the warning) So I ordered the 20 and that was money down the drain :/ I have a feeling it is because the filter media comes with it, as I have bought other filters without media successfully. :idont I ordered it about 4-5 weeks ago and still no luck or even tracking info

edit: I've just moved this topic over to international help in the aussie section for you :)

Edited by Narny105